Covid-19

JCon

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

Consultation is ALWAYS a good thing. They don't necessarily base their decisions on what people want, but it helps to know what people are most passionate about. It's good for them to be informed, and it's good for citizens to feel like they have a voice. 

I know right?  If someone passionately wants to open their restaurant without the family group rule...they'll relax the rules at a 3% positivity rate, rather than waiting for 1% or less.

Because they asked the public, and the public really wants this...

They do surveys to gather the information. It's free research for the party in power. 

And, then they point to it to say this is what people wanted, regardless of what the statistics say. It just makes people feel like they've contributed. 

I've been on the gov't side enough when they're preparing these consultations. 

The orders are already written and they'll finetune them next week. They don't really care what we think. 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

They do surveys to gather the information. It's free research for the party in power. 

And, then they point to it to say this is what people wanted, regardless of what the statistics say. It just makes people feel like they've contributed. 

The orders are already written and they'll finetune them next week. They don't really care what we think. 

exactly this...

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

How much of the whole right wing / left wing emphasis would you say is actually legit?

I have noticed it is mostly the civil service who are making the long term decisions and doing the heavy lifting.

Most of what happens when a government comes to power - would have probably happened regardless.

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

exactly this...

They pretend to care about our feelings...😄

NEW Last updated: February 27, 2021

Public health officials advise four additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:

• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg Health region;
  • a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg Health region;
  • a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg Health region; and
  • a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg Health region.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.7 per cent provincially and 3.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 90 new cases of the virus have been identified, however two cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 88 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 31,809.

Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.

Today’s COVID-19 data shows:

• eight cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • 37 cases in the Northern health region; 
  • three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region; 
  • eight cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and 
  • 34 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 1,208 active cases and 29,708 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19; 
  • 69 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 120 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 189 hospitalizations;
  • 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 27 ICU patients;
  • the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 893; and
  • the total number of confirmed B.1.1.7 variant of concern cases is five.

Laboratory testing numbers show 1,681 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 523,507.

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So yesterday was a falsehood?

I suspect the numbers are bouncing up and down based on the timing of yest results from the North. From what I understand they are doing rapid tests on reserve but only announcing them once lab confirmed. That is likely why some days are higher than others. 

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I suspect the numbers are bouncing up and down based on the timing of yest results from the North. From what I understand they are doing rapid tests on reserve but only announcing them once lab confirmed. That is likely why some days are higher than others. 

And probably testing an entire reserve before sending the tests to a lab. 

Health officials say there are 1,194 active cases, 29,770 people have recovered, and 72 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 11 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 895.

Sunday’s cases include:

•    2 cases in Interlake-Eastern health region
•    21 cases in the Northern health region
•    1 case in the Prairie Mountain Health region
•    5 cases in the Southern Health region
•    21 cases in the Winnipeg health region

Laboratory testing numbers show 1,866 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 525,373.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I expect some loosened conditions this week but we will be level red until the end of March at least. They couldn’t move us to orange without loosening travel or gathering restrictions. 

I am not hopeful but would love to see the household restrictions on restaurants lifted. It make no sense that my MIL can come here for supper but we can’t go out together. 

33 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I expect some loosened conditions this week but we will be level red until the end of March at least. They couldn’t move us to orange without loosening travel or gathering restrictions. 

I am not hopeful but would love to see the household restrictions on restaurants lifted. It make no sense that my MIL can come here for supper but we can’t go out together. 

I agree moving off Code Red might be a stretch but you never know with this government, as for the restrictions on dining, they are a joke and in most cases are not being enforced.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

I agree moving off Code Red might be a stretch but you never know with this government, as for the restrictions on dining, they are a joke and in most cases are not being enforced.

I am not sure why you think not being enforced. We’ve been out three times and each time had to affirm we were same household. I didn’t see any obvious violations either. 

6 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I am not sure why you think not being enforced. We’ve been out three times and each time had to affirm we were same household. I didn’t see any obvious violations either. 

I know of a few businesses where family members work and they tell me if its obvious they are not from the same household they will inquire but for the most part they don't turn away many customers