World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The sad part is nothing will happen to Putin. He'll be treated like a statesman once this war ends. Especially by the GOP in the US. 

Unfortunately, you'll be waiting a long time. 

The GOP are not the only ones whose hands are soiled by Russian rubles. Looks like old smokin' Joe will be looking at impeachment too. How sad for the USA that they will have back to back impeached presidents. They really need to get better people running over there.

Edited by GCn20

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The GOP are not the only ones whose hands are soiled by Russian rubles. Looks like old smokin' Joe will be looking at impeachment too. How sad for the USA that they will have back to back impeached presidents. They really need to get better people running over there.

WTF are you on about today????

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

WTAF is this all about? 

Why on Earth would Biden get impeached? I mean, other than the INSANITY that is today's GQP. I have not seen anything credible to conclude that this will happen or is even merited.

Wait... unless you are talking about spaceforce...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-war-bucha-1.6407343

The latest:

- Red Cross says it again cannot reach besieged city of Mariupol due to security conditions.

- Ukraine's Zelensky meets with residents in town of Bucha in rare foray outside Kyiv.

- Russian foreign minister rejects allegations of atrocities in Bucha.

- France's Macron says he supports more sanctions on Russia, specifically on coal and petrol.

- AP journalists report seeing bodies apparently shot at close range in towns around Kyiv.

Zelensky describes Bucha killings as 'genocide'

The look on Zelenskyy's face says it all. **** Russia.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

WTF are you on about today????

Mock me if you want but it's probably going to happen. When the GOP take the house in 2023, they will begin by impeaching Biden. Whether it's justified or not we shall see, but I guarantee they will do so. They are already working on it. I am not saying I agree with it, but it's almost a foregone conclusion. The state of politics in the US is so toxic right now that I am not sure why anyone wouldn't think this is the case.

Now, I fully realize that this means that the GOP must take the house, but American history shows that the Amerks like to make sure that at least one branch of the executive is opposite of the President.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/03/politics/house-midterms-2022-republicans-democrats/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ted-cruz-impeach-biden/2022/01/04/afc3f7ac-6da0-11ec-aaa8-35d1865a6977_story.html

Edited by GCn20

Yes, Biden should be criticized for ummm...  **checks notes** being a "Democrat"? Yeah, that sounds like the state of the right these days. No ideas, nothing but fear and hate mongering.

Sounds like a real "both sides" issue, there.  

Edited by JCon

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, Biden should be criticized for ummm...  **checks notes** being a "Democrat"? Yeah, that sounds like the state of the right these days. No ideas, nothing but fear and hate mongering.

Sounds like a real "both sides" issue, there.  

Whatever works in the cesspool that is American politics.  It's a gong show, and it isn't just a gong show on the right. The left has culpability in it as well and you will never convince me otherwise. It is gross and it is trickling into Canadian politics as well. Sad state of affairs. Extreme partisanship has taken over.

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Whatever works in the cesspool that is American politics.  It's a gong show, and it isn't just a gong show on the right. The left has culpability in it as well and you will never convince me otherwise. It is gross and it is trickling into Canadian politics as well. Sad state of affairs. Extreme partisanship has taken over.

On this I agree. If the Democrats had fielded any kind of a candidate that connected with people then a narcissistic ,lieing , womanizing,  failed businessman would never have been elected in the 1st place

Edited by the watcher

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The left has culpability in it as well and you will never convince me otherwise. It is gross and it is trickling into Canadian politics as well. Sad state of affairs. Extreme partisanship has taken over.

You are "both siding" this? 

In the USA, there is one party that stands for democracy and one that is trying to systematically dismantle the american republic... 

you can't "both sides" this thing.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

In the USA, there is one party that stands for democracy and one that is trying to systematically dismantle the american republic... 

He'll the democrats aren't even all that much pro democracy. They are still bought and paid for by the wealthy elite. That's what the both sides is. The wealth playing both sides against each other to ensure they get even richer.

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He'll the democrats aren't even all that much pro democracy. They are still bought and paid for by the wealthy elite. That's what the both sides is. The wealth playing both sides against each other to ensure they get even richer.

Good point! Add to that the 147 Democrats in congress that tried to overturn the election by voting against cert.... wait- sorry my mistake republicans... 

Yeah, not the same. You legit have one party that is actively trying to destroy democracy.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yes, the more both sides can polarize each side against each other, the more it keeps the American people focused on that enemy.  And not how the elite and wealthy continue to enrich their own pockets at the cost of the average and poor.  

Putin Was Incensed Russian Troops Weren't Welcomed With Flowers In Ukraine, Says Oligarch.  He went "insane," said Mikhail Khodorkovsky, one-time CEO of Russian oil giant Yukos.

Russian President Vladimir Putin was so out of touch with reality when he launched the Ukraine invasion that he was incensed his troops weren’t welcomed with flowers, an exiled Russian oligarch revealed Sunday.

“At first he wanted to change the power in Kyiv ... and was expecting that this would be met with flowers thrown in the streets by Ukrainian people,” Mikhail Khodorkovsky, onetime CEO of Russian oil giant Yukos, said on CNN.

But when Ukrainians fought back as the invasion was launched, Putin went “insane,” said Khodorkovsky, an outspoken Putin critic who spent nine years in a Russian prison.

“The fact that the people in Kharkiv [also failed to] meet him with flowers, it not only just angered him, I really think it drove him literally insane. That’s when he started bombing Kharkiv and Kyiv,” Khodorkovsky said.

Former Russian Deputy Energy Minister Vladimir Milov told CNN on Saturday that the surprising war in Ukraine has “devastated” top officials in the Kremlin and that many “Russian elites” may lose faith in Putin. That’s risky for Putin, who could be forced from power in a matter of months, he warned.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mikhail-khodorkovsky-putin-ukraine-troop-flowers_n_624a29c5e4b0587dee6aff1f

Those numbers should have another zero in them freaking orcs

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You honestly think this is true? People really think Democrats are "good guys"? There isn't a politician in this country or that country that I would trust with my 2004 ford focus. They're either corrupt, or too stupid to know they're about to be corrupt. **** the dems just as much as the Repubs.

Biden will join trump in hell (assuming there is one) when all is said and done.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You honestly think this is true? People really think Democrats are "good guys"? There isn't a politician in this country or that country that I would trust with my 2004 ford focus. They're either corrupt, or too stupid to know they're about to be corrupt. **** the dems just as much as the Repubs.

Biden will join trump in hell (assuming there is one) when all is said and done.

I recoil at the thought of the Democrats being considered "left". They are to the left of the GOP but no where on the left of the political spectrum. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I recoil at the thought of the Democrats being considered "left". They are to the left of the GOP but no where on the left of the political spectrum. 

Yeah Bill Maher is an insufferable prick, butnhe was bang on when he said that America has a fine right wing party,  the Democrats. They just don't have a left wing party.