Leggett

Booch

Bored so watching Arena Bowl...Moe with a 54 yard pick 6...looks a hell of lot more agile and faster than when he came back last year.

Made some nice open field tackles as well..so far

With our swath of db injuries I think he'd be worth a look..especially if Humes is out for extended time

Knows system..knows league..seen it all..plays all db spots and Sam

Be a nice safety rotation when we have Kongbo or Thomas in...he'd be excellent in over top coverage as well as run support...

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You have to take into consideration the competition he is up against as well. Gregg Carr lit that league up after leaving the CFL too.

That's what I was thinking... I'd slow the roll on Leggett coming in and being an upgrade. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If he can cut hard and show the quicks that would be what's needed. That's what was really missing. 

If he was even half way back between pre injury and post recovery I would take him back in a heart best. 

And that's what I noticed...and especially in goofy arena ball with the small confines..you need to cut and react quicker and in tighter spaces.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

And that's what I noticed...and especially in goofy arena ball with the small confines..you need to cut and react quicker and in tighter spaces.

Yeah much higher demand on quicks. 

Teams have been running long drag routes slants etc to exploit Fenner and Hecht. Hecht can't over commit and doest have the speed to make up for it in cover 1. 

Having mo even as the extra rotational db on cover 2 would be big. Plus he was a beast on teams. 

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

so true...good on teams...and to come in for certain situations...but in the long haul he's not a quality full-time starter...too many limitations in his game, and is not a sure tackler, something that at safety you want/need

With Kongbo now on the D-line, maybe its time to audition an import safety.

To be honest Kongbo has shown enough already to be slated as the starter at end while Jeffcoat recovers..and an import at safety while he is in would be a decent idea...when you have sets where Roh subs in for Kongbo you can toss out Hecht or Jones

I hope we are working or grooming Exume at the safety spot...I think he has the makings to be very good there...

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

To be honest Kongbo has shown enough already to be slated as the starter at end while Jeffcoat recovers..and an import at safety while he is in would be a decent idea...when you have sets where Roh subs in for Kongbo you can toss out Hecht or Jones

I hope we are working or grooming Exume at the safety spot...I think he has the makings to be very good there...

I think Hallett is pretty legit and played a ton of half in CIS, at East West bowl 18 there was a lot of talk about him being a 2nd-3rd rounder but then he got nicked up.  Film definitely outperformed his measurables.  

He’s the one to watch in terms of the safety spot IMO.  

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Hallett is pretty legit and played a ton of half in CIS, at East West bowl 18 there was a lot of talk about him being a 2nd-3rd rounder but then he got nicked up.  Film definitely outperformed his measurables.  

He’s the one to watch in terms of the safety spot IMO.  

Opportunity has passed for Derek Jones...?

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I dunno, but he doesn't seem to have the football I Q to put himself in the right spot at the right time, same problem Cauchy had. 

Speaking of Cauchy I see he has landed in Montreal with Henoc, who has  arguably become the most dominant MLB in the league this year.

17 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hecht isnunfortunately becoming the player that we thought he was... love to have his leadership but not as a full time starter

He was playing much better earlier in the season but it's hard to tell if it's the injury or he's returning to his previous level of play.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Still young and can be a starter but isn't in our best combination. He'd start for maybe half the league imo. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Exume plays like he has a spare body. Whether he has the instinct or experience is the question.

Well he played as a corner in the CIS so he ov=obviously has an idea of coverage and has some ability to do it and safety is more a read and react type position anyways..you have good quickness..closing speed and ability to tackle..you will do fine