Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

Around The NHL 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-17569/40-players-elect-salary-arbitration

40 players in total filed for arbitration, two of which are Jets.

 

Image result for I stand corrected

I also didn't phrase properly.  In 2018 40 of 44 arb cases were settled before they got to arbitration.  I wonder what the number will be this year?  I just remember the Jets being pretty pissed off last year when Trouba made them go the full length of the negotiations and still went to the arbitrator anyway.  Maybe I am mis-remembering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Image result for I stand corrected

I also didn't phrase properly.  In 2018 40 of 44 arb cases were settled before they got to arbitration.  I wonder what the number will be this year?  I just remember the Jets being pretty pissed off last year when Trouba made them go the full length of the negotiations and still went to the arbitrator anyway.  Maybe I am mis-remembering.

Well, Trouba and Copp both have the same agent.  So there is that. 

Look up how many of Kurt Overhardt’s clients go to arbitration or hold out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whose up for a Fantasy Trade Thread?

On 1290 this morning the question was do you trade Kyle Conner for Matthew Tkachuk?

The vote was split. Jim thought KC could be a point a game player while the other guy(?) picked MT saying MT had more points then KC and he was playing with Backlund and Frolik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whose up for a Fantasy Trade Thread?

On 1290 this morning the question was do you trade Kyle Conner for Matthew Tkachuk?

The vote was split. Jim thought KC could be a point a game player while the other guy(?) picked MT saying MT had more points then KC and he was playing with Backlund and Frolik.

I'd take Tkachuk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

absolutely ZERO chance I would ever trade Conner for Tkachuk....Conner is a guy you can build a team around. Tkachuk is more like Kessel...

I like Connor, but I'm not sure he'll ever be the best player on a championship level team. Any how is Tkachuk like Kessel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So if he's bought out then he could be signed relatively cheap since the rangers are paying him 5.7m to not play. Am I right?

He'll get paid whatever someone is willing to pay him. I would bet someone on the East Coast will take him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So if he's bought out then he could be signed relatively cheap since the rangers are paying him 5.7m to not play. Am I right?

He will sign with an East Coast team. He'd never sign here and personally i wouldn't want him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should hear the howls today in Calgary over the arena deal. Living here, I think most Calgarians wanted to see a new building. Not so much for hockey but for the fact almost every major act bypasses our city for Edmonton as the roof on the Saddledome is too low & it can't support the equipment being used for sounds & effects.  If we want to see any bands or entertainers we have to drive to Edmonton. The vocal minority (I believe) are making themselves known on social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You should hear the howls today in Calgary over the arena deal. Living here, I think most Calgarians wanted to see a new building. Not so much for hockey but for the fact almost every major act bypasses our city for Edmonton as the roof on the Saddledome is too low & it can't support the equipment being used for sounds & effects.  If we want to see any bands or entertainers we have to drive to Edmonton. The vocal minority (I believe) are making themselves known on social media.

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

Some where in Calgary a horse cries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Noeller said:

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

They don’t have $$ because there’s no sales tax ha... it’s not that they don’t want to do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Noeller said:

the one thing I will never understand about Alberta is this idea that you can't ever spend tax dollars on anything. You need to save, always.....for what? Well, that doesn't matter....just don't spend it....ever. Calgary is a world class city...you deserve world class facilities!! 

Looks like we're getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Floyd said:

They don’t have $$ because there’s no sales tax ha... it’s not that they don’t want to do it

They could implement a 0.5% provincial sales tax and it would pay for the entire cost of the new arena in one year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...