Around The NHL 2019/2020

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why didn't Carolina fire him after racial slur & the 2 assaults on his players? I find it strange that this wasn't vetted in its entirety. Were the Hurricanes management aware of Peter's racial slur? And if they were why wasn't he fired at that time? Then the 2 assults? How in the name of all that is sane was he allowed to get away with any of that? Amazing that was never mentioned in the hiring process. Or maybe it was but Treliving ignored it. I mean, he didn't interview anyone else. He wanted Peters & that was it. 

Because Rockford was Chicago's farm team. Aliu was a Blackhawk then. 

Its odd to me that ppl consider what peters did assault when the guys on the ice use their sticks as weapons every shift. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its odd to me that ppl consider what peters did assault when the guys on the ice use their sticks as weapons every shift. 

It's what I was saying.... Hockey is messed up.    

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Well, the stick is part of the game the minute a player touches the ice & there are penalties if it isn't used legally. Same with fighting & kicking.  On the ice there are penalties as fighting is part of the game. When someone kicks & punches someone off the ice that isn't part of the game anymore. Then it's like you & me on the street. It's assault,

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Still would like to have Poolparty.

I’m indifferent. I think he still has a lot of upside but Edmonton will want more than we’re willing to give.  

word is Honka can be had for a mid round draft pick.  Even a bit more jets can make it work and he has upside too. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That doesn't seem to steep compared to what we have on our blueline right now. Am i missing something? Is Honka asking for the moon? Well too late now....i trust Chevy but there is no way we last with this defense, if Morrissey goes down for any period of time we don't have a hope...

Edited by bb1