Around The NHL 2019/2020

20 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Why aren't the Devils resigning him?

They will rebuild this team around Hughes and hischier

getting another first round pick and a prospect or two will help that more than Taylor hall

and maybe he was part of the culture problem in Edmonton -never know...

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

They will rebuild this team around Hughes and hischier

getting another first round pick and a prospect or two will help that more than Taylor hall

and maybe he was part of the culture problem in Edmonton -never know...

EDM gambled, traded offense for defense and they got worse.

Kevin Bahl:

19.  6’6. 240lbs. LHD. From B.C. Chosen #55 over all in 2018

Nick Merkley:

22  5’9”  195.  RW/C. Calgary    30th overall 2015 draft  

Nate Schnarr:

20.  6’3”  181  Centre. Waterloo.  75th overall 2017

and yes I’m bored which is why I’m dissecting a NJ/Arizona trade. 

Another rental trade where it's one team handing over $20 for a bunch of scratch and wins.  If you get really lucky they might add up to something a bit better, but you had to spend that $20 anyway.  

Good rental for the Coyotes, at least get a bit more than half the season and maybe get him to re-sign if he/they want him.  NJ retaining half the $/cap hit also gives them some room to add more at the deadline although their next two firsts are tied up in the deal. 

Also think it's a good deal for New Jersey.  They are in the middle of a rebuild and Hall likely won't be worth the term and dollars of his next deal.  He's pretty inconsistent.

The Jets spent more for 63 games including playoffs of Stastny and Hayes.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Thats a fair rental price in my opinion. 

Lets just call it a 1st and 2 decent prospects plus a dude i never knew existed. 

Bahl is a solid prospect but so is Logan Stanley. Merkley seems small and dont think hes that great. The other guy? No clue. 

I guess this is kind of like the Jets moving Ladd for Dano and a 1st a few years back.. If they did it in December instead of a few days before the deadline... 1st plus Dano (was a better prospect at the time than both Bahl and Merkley) plus another guy likely. Similar. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Thats a fair rental price in my opinion. 

Lets just call it a 1st and 2 decent prospects plus a dude i never knew existed. 

Bahl is a solid prospect but so is Logan Stanley. Merkley seems small and dont think hes that great. The other guy? No clue. 

I guess this is kind of like the Jets moving Ladd for Dano and a 1st a few years back.. If they did it in December instead of a few days before the deadline... 1st plus Dano (was a better prospect at the time than both Bahl and Merkley) plus another guy likely. Similar. 

Dano really must have had some major off ice issues...  guy did have hands - 'should' have been a top six player

22 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Dano really must have had some major off ice issues...  guy did have hands - 'should' have been a top six player

Lazy. That's what i heard was his biggest problem. Dano was lazy. Just no off ice effort at all and in the off season he didnt do much to be better either. 

Edited by Goalie