Around The NHL 2019/2020

Interesting last couple of days in hockey with what is coming out (allegedly) about Babcock and Peters.

Get's me thinking, where is people's line of what should stay in the locker room versus nope, unacceptable, needs to be reported. 

In these two cases one is accused racist behaviour and the other is accused bad motivational tactics.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't get why Peters gets fired for saying words yet other coaches are praised  for sending enforcers to purposely injure other teams players. What a weird world this is. 

I think Calgary just wanted an excuse to fire the guy.

If you don't understand the problem with what he said, then you're part of the problem, too...

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't get why Peters gets fired for saying words yet other coaches are praised  for sending enforcers to purposely injure other teams players. What a weird world this is. 

I think Calgary just wanted an excuse to fire the guy.

One is a violation of social ethics one is a hockey issue. As @Noeller said if you don't understand how wrong this is, you are a part of the problem. What also needs to be addressed is how and why so many would have kept this quiet for so long.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

a bad name?????????????

So you're saying words hurt more then trying to hit a guy from behind into the boards or to throw down and give a guy a concussion?      In my opinion any coach that sends someone out to purposely injure someone else either in retaliation because of a clean hit or because they are mad should be instantly banned from the league.   

Why didn't Carolina fire him after racial slur & the 2 assaults on his players? I find it strange that this wasn't vetted in its entirety. Were the Hurricanes management aware of Peter's racial slur? And if they were why wasn't he fired at that time? Then the 2 assults? How in the name of all that is sane was he allowed to get away with any of that? Amazing that was never mentioned in the hiring process. Or maybe it was but Treliving ignored it. I mean, he didn't interview anyone else. He wanted Peters & that was it.