Around The NHL 2019/2020

On 2019-10-03 at 7:18 AM, JCon said:

Hey TSN,

tenor.gif

This love for the leafs is so unbearably suffocating. Especially this most recent conversation again about the gap between Matthews and McDavid shortening. I hate the Oilers almost as much as the Leafs but really? C'mon man.

What helped me through my self inflicted rage on the Leafs was watching VGK Fleury give fans some Shark players sticks that were laying on the ice after a scuffle ensued. Now that's funny sh**. Golf clap to Mr. Fleury.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

If they get Buff back (I'm leaning towards "he retires") that looks a heck of a lot better... 

Yup. He likely retires. But yeah.  

Morrissey Pionk 

Heinola Buff 

Niku Poolman. 

Solid. I have Poolman Niku together based on AHL chemistry. But won't happen and buff retires.. We trade a winger for a top 4 D.. ( it will be Wheeler in the off season) (he doesnt fit the next window with our still very young team. ) 

Wheels wants to win. I could see Florida or Tampa or even Carolina being good fits. Yup. NTC.. But.. Does he want to go through a 2 yr mini rebuild? 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yup. He likely retires. But yeah.  

Morrissey Pionk 

Heinola Buff 

Niku Poolman. 

Solid. I have Poolman Niku together based on AHL chemistry. But won't happen and buff retires.. We trade a winger for a top 4 D.. ( it will be Wheeler in the off season) (he doesnt fit the next window with our still very young team. ) 

Wheels wants to win. I could see Florida or Tampa or even Carolina being good fits. Yup. NTC.. But.. Does he want to go through a 2 yr mini rebuild? 

I don't see Heinola staying here this year, needs to get bigger, stronger. You never want to rush a young dman but he sure has shown he is very smooth and has a great hockey IQ.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

I don't see Heinola staying here this year, needs to get bigger, stronger. You never want to rush a young dman but he sure has shown he is very smooth and has a great hockey IQ.

If we don't have a winning record after 9 games, burning a year of Heinola's contract is insane.... no way Chevy is that desperate

We are already in a 'rebuild' year like it or not... make a Stanley Cup run in 2020 without Buff and Kuli's contracts

Ken WiebeVerified account @WiebeAthletic 2m2 minutes ago

#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice would not commit to saying he was putting David Gustafsson into the lineup tonight for sure, but it’s definitely a consideration. Maurice spent a few minutes at end of Monday’s skate talking to the Swedish rookie

For God sake, sit Letestu and put the kid in!!!