Crossover Standings after Week 13

DougR

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

1st Down via the Rush: Edmonton 100 Winnipeg 99

Rushing Yards per game: Winnipeg 135 ypg  Edmonton 99.8 ypg

30+ Yard completions: Edmonton 26 Winnipeg 16

Big deal we have a good run game. Name the last CFL team to win a Grey Cup with an offense based around the run game?

Probably the last Montreal team to win. If you have a rushing game working in November your chances of success grow. That being said our nice rushing numbers haven’t helped our lousy passing stats. 

7 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Thank you very much. I guess what concerns me the most is that the Bombers not having beaten a .500+ team.  It’s not that I don’t think they have the players I just think we don’t have the leadership right now. Unlike many of the folks here right now I do believe that Nichols can take this team to a championship. In the last two games though the play calling and unchecking of Matt’s uncharacteristic move to forcing more plays/try to force production plays have been his undoing. That last game especially he was doing crap he rarely had been doing. Is he feeling pressure from the fan base/press or is it that there are other facets of the offence and the external pressure that have forced this uncharacteristic play. Our receivers seem to stand out amongst other teams in not giving our QB (either of them) targets when under pressure. We seem to have one guy short and the rest try and get open deep. The Bombers kept trying exploit off tackle with run when most production was between tackles. Why are the Bombers the only team that doesn’t run quick slants? Why is it that aside from Dressler the only guys that produce YAC yards are our young Canucks sitting on the bench? How is it that our oline would leave guys like Jefferson free to step back into a passing lane unchallenged? Why on the same play is it the guy 30 yards deep the only guy besides one OL the guys to try and chase down that same DL?

Right now the QBs think they have to do it all themselves and that is why they are not producing wins, just a pile of turnovers. 

I also don’t absolve our defence. Yes, lack of second half offence is not helping but in few of these games they weren’t able to shut the other team down despite not having been on the field that long. I can understand a fourth quarter collapse but not showing signs of weakness in the middle of the third when to that point they have not been on the field that long. The Banjo Bowl is the only game since the Hamilton win that they stayed in the whole game.

So, that is why at this time I think the Bombers are less in control of their destiny right now. That being said you are right they are still in the race with time to stay in the race. However, they are going to have to really stir the pot and change direction quickly because two more losses and they will be in serious doo-doo.

On the whole, I agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Nichols is playing hurt or not 100% right now, he's definitely looking over his shoulder and feeling the heat from Streveler.Although the D on the whole has been passable - in the Banjo Bowl with an amped up crowd and a lead (albeit 1 point) in the waning minutes - they just couldn't get it done.

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

On the whole, I agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Nichols is playing hurt or not 100% right now, he's definitely looking over his shoulder and feeling the heat from Streveler.Although the D on the whole has been passable - in the Banjo Bowl with an amped up crowd and a lead (albeit 1 point) in the waning minutes - they just couldn't get it done.

Ya. Me and a few friends think that Nichols is more hurt than they are letting on.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nichols play appears pretty much the same since he returned,  he just is not as lucky anymore.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Before this year, Nichols played a smart, controlled game, but he has devolved into forcing the ball, missing the receiver or just flat-out throwing  brain-dead chucks.

Two games this year that the team played with a relatively wide open playbook on both sides of the field.

Montreal 

BC (at home)

Both games we spread the field, used all receivers, used the run, used alot of play action and redirection... 

Most of the rest of the games the playbook has been tight. 

Nichols is obviously playing hurt. Leader or not the players like Streveler. Are we here to half ass or are we here to win? 

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Luck has nothing to do with it. Before this year, Nichols played a smart, controlled game, but he has devolved into forcing the ball, missing the receiver or just flat-out throwing  brain-dead chucks.

K, maybe that is what I am seeing. Nichols is forcing an just chucking the ball hoping for a bit of luck to go his way.  

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

K, maybe that is what I am seeing. Nichols is forcing an just chucking the ball hoping for a bit of luck to go his way.  

For the first time in forever i agree with you. 

Deer in headlights happy feet. 

Its 100 percent mental.. Hes just making dumb throws. Hes not hurt... Hes just scared