Around The NHL 2018/2019

27 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well this is frustrating, I do have a smart phone  but not an unlimited data plan (basically what I'm trying to say is that I don't have that type of deal where I wouldn't have to look for a wifi signal just to be able to access the internet or my apps and unfortunately the last time I went to a game the wifi was terrible)

You would download the ticket at home (or wherever).  On iPhones, you can keep it in your wallet and dont need a connection to access.  I know some people will find it annoying, but its the future.  Actually it's the present.  

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You would download the ticket at home (or wherever).  On iPhones, you can keep it in your wallet and dont need a connection to access.  I know some people will find it annoying, but its the future.  Actually it's the present.  

this is the type of thing that needs a verification code right?

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

this is the type of thing that needs a verification code right?

I would suspect the ticket you save into your "wallet" just contains a barcode that would be scanned in when you enter the facility.  I think this has been an option for awhile at facilities.  When you print out a ticket yourself, the staff at the venue scan it.  Would be the same scenario without needing to print out a physical ticket (wastes paper and creates a mess).

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Did a tour of the Bell Centre last week in Montreal and was watching the ice guys laying all the ads into the ice during our tour. I got the tour guide's goat when I asked him why Montreal limited themselves to such a shallow management and coaching pool because they could only hire French Canadians. He said "there are lots of French Canadian coaches". I said "name four". He couldn't name more than three. I gave him Claude Noel as a fourth.

Definitely the rumor is the third jersey uses the Wordmark.  Im okay with whatever they come up with because its for marketing and sales purposes.  The third jersey for the heritage classic was the best ever and should be the permanent third.  But I understand why they want something different for sales.

On 2018-08-29 at 9:00 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Definitely the rumor is the third jersey uses the Wordmark.  Im okay with whatever they come up with because its for marketing and sales purposes.  The third jersey for the heritage classic was the best ever and should be the permanent third.  But I understand why they want something different for sales.

If you look at most 3rd jerseys they are similar. The Wordmark is present on the majority of them. Bottom line they will wear it once or twice a season so.. Put me in the Whatever really category. I wont buy one... I already have 2 i rarely wear.. Lol. But people will. Will be a popular xmas gift. The Heritage classic jersey was never considered to be a 3rd jersey.. It was just supposed to be used for the heritage classic. Again if u look at teams who participate in those outdooor games, they all have a different jersey they use once maybe twice max. 

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Bill Watters thinks Morrissey is worth 7m yr.

Bill Watters is the most out of touch person in hockey. Jacob Slavin is a better Morrissey comp.. 7 yrs 5.3 million. 

Id guess 5.3 to 6 depending on length. 

Hanifin isn't as good as Josh... Hes a good number 2 LHD tho.. Josh is a 1.