Around The NHL 2018/2019

33 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think they try to back off a bit on that, seeing as he slowed down so much during the playoffs. He looked tired when they got the Western Conference Final. 

Brossoit and Comrie as backups would suggest otherwise...  I don't see either of these guys handling the job for 30ish games...

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Brossoit and Comrie as backups would suggest otherwise...  I don't see either of these guys handling the job for 30ish games...

I think they should limit him to 58-60 starts. That's an extra game off per week for the last two months of the season. And nowhere near 30 games. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Not sure. They have def gotten slower with the additions of Stastny and Patches. Lots of guys had career years last season.. I think they make the playoffs but they wont be as good

All depends on MAF and if everyone sticks with Gallant's system...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not sure. They have def gotten slower with the additions of Stastny and Patches. Lots of guys had career years last season.. I think they make the playoffs but they wont be as good

This is like the weather.  If you keep yelling "it's going to rain" you will eventually be right.  

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

4 years at $7 million...    not bad at all

Marchessault deal looking like an absolute steal now - same with Reilly Smith

Karlsson gonna be $8 x 8 next year...  wonder what Theodore gets in his RFA

If Marchessault gets anywhere near 40 again this year, they're going to have to go closer to $10, I think. $9, at least. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

He goes to the same goalie school as Helle does. He's Helles buddy. 

You think the pros know more? Nah that's crazy talk.. Ppl on fan forums know more. 

But they're paying him league minimum. It's fair to say that if other teams valued him as a back-up, they would have recruited him too. Maybe he had multiple offers but obviously for not much more money. 

Not saying that he's not going to be good but I practiced with Todd McCullough and doesn't make me an NBA player. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I was thinking Karlsson and typing Marchessault. 

Speaking of which...

https://www.bardown.com/tracing-back-how-vegas-got-the-assets-to-acquire-pacioretty-makes-one-team-look-bad-1.1170486

Fun Fact: At the Expansion Draft, Columbus traded a 2017 1st (which they used to draft Nick Suzuki), a 2019 2nd, & David Clarkson, for Vegas to draft William Karlsson.
VGK now trades 2 of the pieces received in that side trade with CBJ (Suzuki & 2019 2nd) to MTL for Pacioretty.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He goes to the same goalie school as Helle does. He's Helles buddy. 

You think the pros know more? Nah that's crazy talk.. Ppl on fan forums know more. 

We don't know more than the pros...  but you never provide a link or source when you quote the pros either... so its hard to believe they said Brossoit will play 30+ games