Round 2 - Game 5: Jets @ Predators

Nashville-Predators-Vs-Winnipeg-Jets.jpg

Saturday, CBC, MSNBC  at 8:30 p.m.

Tagline: "Jack Daniels vs. Crown Royal"

Storyline: The series returns to Smashville all tied at 2, after the Predators's trap game shuts down the Jets' offence.

Quote: “No one said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it" - Anonymous (Why would someone not take credit for that quote? It's awesome.)

Quote #2: “Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it" - James Lane Allen, American novelist

Fun fact: Nashville is still 0-8 when losing the first game of a series. teams winning game 5 of a series win the series 72.8% of the time.

Stastny makes it 1-0

siren.gif

grrrr tie game

Connor makes it 2-1

siren.gif

Buffy the goaltender slayer

siren.gif

I think I can understand why it took so long for Buff to score this season....he was saving it all for the playoffs. I hope the jets win tonight and on Monday so we don't have to see another gross catfish. Also I'm sorry but there is no way for me to shrink the sirens

Connor again 4-1

Welcome Logo

and the jets are going to the powerplay

HEY THIS OUR POWER PLAY WHY ARE YOU SCORING

4-2

Edited by iHeart

Helle stole the momentum away from the Preds early in the game (ie first period).

The ice was extremely tilted in the first, they had numerous grade a chances galore in the first but nothing to show for it after 20. Imagine the outcome if we're down 3-0 after one. Insert 'Red Rover trapfest' (Johnzo, 2018). Shucks they weren't able to do that.

Helle's positional play in Game 5 was almost flawless.

It was so interesting to watch Helle's reaction after the Preds shorthanded goal to bring it within two late in the second period.

Helle was flabbergasted and the linesmen whispering into Helle's ear of how it went in was classic. Some of the stuff that goes on the ice that fans aren't aware of is fascinating. As Howie Meeker would put it, 'Now that's hockey'.