2018 NHL Playoffs

Rich

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

CBC will be showing Pittsburgh/Philadelphia while Jets are on Sportsnet. I hate Sportsnet and Rogers - screwing us over again.

Same broadcaster though. It's not like CBC produces their own product. There is no screwing over. 

But I hate what Sportsnet produces. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Same broadcaster though. It's not like CBC produces their own product. There is no screwing over. 

I wonder does the producers not want us to challenge T.O for the national viewership?

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

I wonder does the producers not want us to challenge T.O for the national viewership?

Technically, Sportsnet owns the rights and only cut a deal with CBC to help distribute the product. They've put the Jets on their network. We're top shelf. 

On 4/8/2018 at 7:48 AM, tacklewasher said:

They needed to keep Statsny. Dumb move on their part, but one I'm real happy about.

Disagree (obvs now it's easier to) - but I'd have said the same even if they squeaked in.  

They weren't winning a Cup this year.  There was little chance they'd even be sniffing at a Conference title. 

GM smartly assessed that & obtained assets for a piece likely gone at season's end. 

'Twas a solid trade from both sides. 

So, far be it to complain about making the playoffs, especially as I'll be there this year as opposed to 2015....

That said, little bummed about the early start times / catering to the East.  I get the why, doesn't mean I have to like it.  2 central teams playing.  Games at 7:00 or 7:30 are most fan-friendly, I.E. sensible. 

And yeah, I think most are counting down the days until Rogers national TV deal ends.  Obviously they're vastly outmatched by TSN' on air talent.  Damn shame to have a TON of great hockey ppl essentially off 'til the summer while Spengler Cup regulars cover Canadian teams in the playoffs. 

Here's one for us to ponder.  How many Sat night games do the Jets get this postseason??   Methinks we'll virtually have to make the Cup final before Rogers sees us worthy of their Holy night broadcast. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

That said, little bummed about the early start times / catering to the East.  I get the why, doesn't mean I have to like it.  2 central teams playing.  Games at 7:00 or 7:30 are most fan-friendly, I.E. sensible. 

I'm thrilled. I have an eight year-old at home and was not looking forward to having him up late multiple times per week. 

The East is the biggest market and it makes sense cater to them. Also means that the late games start at 9pm, which is also great. 

It just makes sense all around (and benefits me). So, win-win. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Same broadcast but many people have to pay extra for SportsNet while CBC is included in basic cable packages.

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Same broadcast but many people have to pay extra for SportsNet while CBC is included in basic cable packages.

And? Talk to the NHL. They sold the rights to them. Again, no one is getting screwed.