Around the League 2017 - Playoffs

Rich

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In fairness....  do you think anyone in Toronto cares if they make it or not?  

TV viewership numbers for Argonauts game are apparently pretty high around the GTA/Southern Ontario, so I'd say yes. Argonauts fans came out of the woodwork at the GC back in 2012 and I'd expect much of the same this time if their team makes it to the big game.

I hope they do, too. I don't want to go to Ottawa to watch the Riders or their mouth-breathing flatbilly fans.

Edited by blue_gold_84

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

The League would be  quite a bit better off with an Eastern team in the Grey Cup.

Can't imagine Sask v. Calgary or Edmonton inspiring much interest in Ontario.

The games been sold out for a while so I don't think the event organizers really care who plays. It should be pretty full and with super milf Shania doing half time should get enough eyes on the game to deem it a success in the end

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

The games been sold out for a while so I don't think the event organizers really care who plays. It should be pretty full and with super milf Shania doing half time should get enough eyes on the game to deem it a success in the end

good point, but there are tv ratings as poster above mentions.

Edited by Mark F

Per WFP article...

"Ambrosie said he hoped to double, even triple, the current audience watching the CFL." 

"Ambrosie decided to cherry-pick scientific discoveries, singling out the most recent report from the 5th International Consensus Conference on Concussion in Sport, which took place in Berlin in 2016. Predictably, those findings showed there wasn’t a definitive connection between concussions in football and CTE. "

Not sure which is crazier thinking.

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:
Noticed you didn’t quote the part of the article where the law suit was mentioned and how Ambrosie had to be careful with what he said. 

If he wants to deny football=CTE he's welcome to it but afaic the CFL has lost the case already the only question is how much are they gonna pay.

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Or you’d get sued into oblivion. 

Im sure they’re working towards a solution behind the scenes.

They are going to get sued anyway. Lying and denying won't stop that. The NFL settled for $1 Billion. The CFL will eventually have to pay ex-players.

It's easy to say what other people should do when it's not your butt on the line.  Ambrosie will, if he's smart, listen to the advice of the CFL's legal council on this.  Just because he's guarding his words carefully does not mean that he doesn't care, nor does it mean that he's not working to find a solution.  Of course, he could just follow the advice of the legal beagles on this board and  then we'll all pat ourselves on the back when the CFL does its part to prevent any further injuries by going into insolvency.