Week 19: Lions @ Bombers Official GDT

Noeller

We have a couple quasi GDTs going, but here's an official once since someone complained about the lack thereof last week....

3pm CST -- Andrew Harris calls this a "must win" game.....win and you lock up a home playoff game and can officially rest as many people as you need until Sunday November 12th!

Last I heard you guys were expecting Mix Of Sun and Cloud, High +3....not a GREAT forecast, but it is what it is. Hope to see lots of folks out today makin' IGF as loud as possible. 

Let's get it done!

At the very least, LaPo should make this happen...

Matt Nichols ranks #3 in the CFL with 4,442 passing yards and is one of just three QBs to start every game for his team in 2017. He needs 558 yards to become the third Blue Bomber QB to surpass the 5K mark (Khari Jones 2002, Kevin Glenn 2007).

Winnipeg - The Bombers enter Week #19 as the CFL top scoring team at 31.5 points per game and 504 in total. Their offence is also #1 at 28.0 points on average. The last time Winnipeg led the CFL in total points was back in 2001. They have been #1 just that one time since 1994.

BC - The Lions are the only team that has yet to score at least 10 points in the 1st Quarter in 2017. Overall, BC has just 58 points in the 1st Quarter, #9 in the CFL compared to Winnipeg at 83 points (#5). BC has been held to 3 points or less in the first 15:00 on 8 occasions this year including the last two games.

Winnipeg also leads the CFL in fewest penalties drawn (97) and by a large margin being the only team under 100. They have just 18 penalties on their Special Team cover and return units, 8 fewer than any other team.

The Blue Bombers rank #1 in covering punts allowing just 9.1 yards per return. In contrast, BC is #9 at 13.4 yards per opponent punt return.

It’s OK to put the boots to the Lions today Big Blue. Do it!

For the UU!

Very good to see my complaining about no game thread paid off. Squeaky wheel! 

Other than Montreal, there are no gimmee games, as Hamilton / Ottawa showed yesterday..

Hope to see a wall of Poop /Nevis.

Think we will see more throws to Givens in this game, he earned it.

O line was fine last game with Neufeld. 

Edited by Mark F

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Re: JFG..... According to reports, Coates is being rewarded for a great week of practice and JFG is a healthy scratch. It was in Taits pre game article... 

I’d rather start both of them and sit of our underperforming receivers. Having Poop and Nevis starting, or Hurl sitting would be huge.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Re: JFG..... According to reports, Coates is being rewarded for a great week of practice and JFG is a healthy scratch. It was in Taits pre game article... 

Whoa, I'm a little surprised honestly. JFG is exactly the type of sandpaper guy O'shea loves.

16 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I’d rather start both of them and sit of our underperforming receivers. Having Poop and Nevis starting, or Hurl sitting would be huge.

Here's the thing about that: with Neufeld in for Bond today, Nevis/Poop combo should be in. Scratches will be Bond/Foketi... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I like JFG, probably more than Coates, but love the message being sent that working hard at practice can get you a starting spot. Don't think Coates has looked out of place this year. JFG has done a good job too, but this might also rest him or cause him to step up his game when he's back in.

26 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I like JFG, probably more than Coates, but love the message being sent that working hard at practice can get you a starting spot. Don't think Coates has looked out of place this year. JFG has done a good job too, but this might also rest him or cause him to step up his game when he's back in.

So, is the message on defense then play badly because you get to keep your spot no matter what?