Game 9 : @ Blue Jackets

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Time : Friday 6, TSN3

Stats : Jets 4-3-1 , Blue Jackets 6-3

Streaks : Jets OT1, Blue Jackets W1

Story : After an OTL to Pitts can the Jets muster up an effort the next day?

Maurice Watch : 6 more losses and Paul sets the NHL record for most losses by a coach. I'll give Paul a break and mention he's 6th in all time wins.

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game :No matter how tough the meat may be, it's going to be tender if you slice it thin enough. Guy Fieri

Ran out of kitschy team names. It finally happened.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Time : Friday 6, TSN3

Stats : Jets 4-3-1 , Blue Jackets 6-3

Streaks : Jets OT1, Blue Jackets W1

Story : After an OTL to Pitts can the Jets muster up an effort the next day?

Maurice Watch : 5 more losses and Paul sets the NHL record for most losses by a coach. I'll give Paul a break and mention he's 6th in all time wins.

Local Celebrity Quote of the Game :No matter how tough the meat may be, it's going to be tender if you slice it thin enough. Guy Fieri

Think OTL dont count so its still 6... 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I would also. CBJ lit Mason up last game. 

Yup and I think you need to show confidence in your starter and thats Helle.  Given how he played against the Pens, assuming he plays well tonight, I'd keep Helle in.  You DO need to get Mason back in at some point though so I can see them doing that tonight, using the back to back as the reason.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup and I think you need to show confidence in your starter and thats Helle.  Given how he played against the Pens, assuming he plays well tonight, I'd keep Helle in.  You DO need to get Mason back in at some point though so I can see them doing that tonight, using the back to back as the reason.

I agree with this.  I'd like to see Helle go again because he's been playing extremely well, but if Mason doesn't play in a back to back situation, what does it do to his confidence, which is quite possibly already low?

27 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I agree with this.  I'd like to see Helle go again because he's been playing extremely well, but if Mason doesn't play in a back to back situation, what does it do to his confidence, which is quite possibly already low?

Mason is a vet, he can deal with it.

Normally I wouldn't start a goalie back to back but Helle just had six days rest so he should be good to go.

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Was obvious but... Hoping for Helle. 

Hopefully Mason steals us a point or 2. 

Hopefully he doesn't have to because his f***ing team actually showed up for him, for the first time this year...

In his last game, Mason was the best player on the ice, by far, through at least 2 periods, but got lit up like a Christmas tree. Team was their usual turnover machine, causing WAY too many high quality scoring chances. He stood on his head for most of it, but only so much a guy can do. Here's hoping they give him more to work with tonight.