Season at the half. awards, stats and fun.

wbbfan

Just a fun look at our stat projections for the season, predicting award nominees from the team etc.

Bombers on track to go 14-4. The top 3 in the west are 20-4, with bc and calgary having a game each to play before the half way mark. Crazy domination from the top 3. 

Nichols on track for 5.282 yards (which would be 4th or lower some how) 34 tds and 10 picks 

Harris on track for 1,140 rushing (career high) 8 tds (career high) and 980 yards receiving (durp)  on 108 catches (4th highest in the league)

Darvin adams on track for 1,294 yards on 98 catches with 10 tds. 

Thorpe (with games played factored in) is on track for 900+ yards.

Randle on track for 60 tackles, 6 picks and 2 sacks. Heath on track for 62-8. And about 100 dropped picks :D

Westerman 12 sacks,  Nevis 30 tackles 2 sacks. 

Mo on track for 64 tackles 6 sacks 2 picks 6 forced fumbles 2 recoveries. 

Awards. 

ROTY, i believe the following are all eligible but im not sure.  Jeffcoat, Poop, and Thorpe.  Id give it to poop. Hes soo good hes forced us to change the ratio and start him over jake. We tried starting jake and still sorely missed the big guy.

MODP, Mo. Nuff said. 

MOSTP, medlock.  Only 32/39 this year.  With a long of 57. 43.6 yard punting average, 65.4 yard kick off average. 

MOOL. Bond. MR.Bond.

MOP, Another year mo deserves mention. Quietly one of the best defensive players in the league. Medlock, despite a more human year then last  year. But in this, the (half) year of the QBs where we could see 6 qbs pass 5k passing yards, on a team truly lead by nichols im gonna go with nichols. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Jeffcoat played NFL games so not eligible for rookie.

MOP- Harris

MOC- Harris

MODP- Randle

Lineman- Bryant

ST- Medlock

Rookie- Nobody running with it yet

wasnt sure if jeffcoat was eligible or not too bad i could see him having a massive 2nd half of the season. 

Randle is long over due for some consideration for modp as well. 

Matty Ice is playing smart, safe, clutch football.  His TD:pick and win:loss ratios are both BLMish.  He's been great to watch.

But no way Harris is not our MOP.  He's been special.

Teams know we're going to feature him, team key on him, and he still makes his plays, game in game out.  Countless times we have been second-and-short and the entire stadium knows he's getting the ball and we make the first down anyway.  Been ages since we've had a player able to impose his will like that. And I love the way he forces the D to respect play action and other fakes. 

MOP - Nichols ... only competitor is Harris but luckily he had his own category...

MOC - Harris ... is there really anyone who thinks it should be someone else?...

MODP - Randle ... Leggett definitely in the running...

ST - Medlock... see note on Harris above...

OL - Bryant....  Bond is great, Chungh is great... actually they're all pretty damn good... but IMO Bryant is the anchor of the line...

MOR - Thorpe... leaning towards Poop... but @Noeller convinced me that a DT isn't sexy enough for the award....

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

MOP - Nichols ... only competitor is Harris but luckily he had his own category...

MOC - Harris ... is there really anyone who thinks it should be someone else?...

MODP - Randle ... Leggett definitely in the running...

ST - Medlock... see note on Harris above...

OL - Bryant....  Bond is great, Chungh is great... actually they're all pretty damn good... but IMO Bryant is the anchor of the line...

MOR - Thorpe... leaning towards Poop... but @Noeller convinced me that a DT isn't sexy enough for the award....

And yet, I heard the stat that they have given up the second most QB sacks/ WTF?

On 8/28/2017 at 0:50 PM, tracker said:

And yet, I heard the stat that they have given up the second most QB sacks/ WTF?

We are 3rd, but with games in hand it could be true. The difference between 3rd most and 3rd fewest is slim.

Also nichols doesnt take risks throwing the ball away.  He is not afraid to take a sack.  But our OL sans wiley hasnt been as good as last year. Its had spurts of that same production, but also spurts where they struggle to pick up the blitz. Especially seems to be an issue in the red zone. Other teams seem to send pressure when we get to the red zone and leave us kicking a FG. 

1 hour ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

In reply to the 'fun' part of the thread title, the Bombers season (so far) in a nutshell:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/29/must-see-tv-13-moments-brought-us-seats/

(But I sure hope that we're not going to have to depend on Carmichael on Sunday.)

Walker is still out so good chance Roc will be rotating.  If you read between the lines of O'Shea's canny riddles, we can also expect to be "Poopless" in Regina.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne