Referees

BigBlue

10 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Where did you get that information? The official box score for the game says the Bombers were penalized 9 times for 95 yards and the RedBlacks 6 times for 80 yards.

At one point in the 4th quarter it was 9-3.  Maybe that's when he began to wonder.

10 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Where did you get that information? The official box score for the game says the Bombers were penalized 9 times for 95 yards and the RedBlacks 6 times for 80 yards.

Sorry you are right .... I was quoting TSN I think in the 4th quarter when they were 9 to 3 .... there must have been according to you 3 more subsequent  penalties in our favor .... maybe they evened them up late in the game much as we saw in a badly called hockey game

BTW where did you find your box score?

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Cough, cough. That's the point.  Frog.  French Canadian referee. That's why this is so bad. 

Never thought of it from that angle.  If that's what they were going for it's completely ridiculous.  Just lay on a huge, stereotypical Quebecois accent (a slight exaggeration of Andre Proulx's normal voice :D) and it would be so much better.  And if it's as you say using the Frog/French connection it's rather insulting to boot.  Although an exaggerated French accent might not be much better lol. 

20 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Never thought of it from that angle.  If that's what they were going for it's completely ridiculous.  Just lay on a huge, stereotypical Quebecois accent (a slight exaggeration of Andre Proulx's normal voice :D) and it would be so much better.  And if it's as you say using the Frog/French connection it's rather insulting to boot.  Although an exaggerated French accent might not be much better lol. 

They're mimicking Kermit The Frog. Not a French Canadian ref who has a thick accent.  Why else would they use Kermit? Anyway it sucks as it really isn't funny. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They're mimicking Kermit The Frog. Not a French Canadian ref who has a thick accent.  Why else would they use Kermit? Anyway it sucks as it really isn't funny. 

:huh: Did you not read my last post? I already got your point about it mimicking Kermit.  And then I moved on to how I thought the video could have been funnier (thick french accent like Proulx has instead of lame insulting Kermit voice).  Doing the video pretending to be Andre Proulx singing Taylor Swift with the altered lyrics  might have worked as comedy.  Kermit voice certainly didn't.