2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

Maurice is old school and likes a tough guy or intimidater in the line up. They love lemieux. Wouldnt shock me to see matthias pressboxed as hes pretty much a trade candidate. 

Jets arent done yet tho. Wonder how much rope maurice gets this season... Id suspect american thanksgiving will be an indication. Jets in a playoff spot? He stays.. They arent? Hes done. Chevy had a darn good off season so far.. Now its up to Maurice. Not sure if hes the right guy... 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Matthias is not a trade candidate. They've been adding depth and he's exactly the type of depth they need. Only way he's traded is if they have someone who is much better but that can sit in the pressbox for stretches. I don't see that on the team.

I tend to agree.  A good player that adds depth.  Doesnt have to play every game.  Doesnt cost a lot.  We'll see where we are next summer when his contract expires and hopefully one of the kids can take his spot.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its definitely interesting that Maurice has not been extended yet.

This is a make-or-break year.  Maurice has all the players he needs to make the playoffs.  The talent is undeniably there.  If there is no playoff appearance, Maurice is gone.  If there is a slow start, Maurice is gone.  He hasn't earned an extension but he can this year.  I hope they wait.

Just now, Atomic said:

This is a make-or-break year.  Maurice has all the players he needs to make the playoffs.  The talent is undeniably there.  If there is no playoff appearance, Maurice is gone.  If there is a slow start, Maurice is gone.  He hasn't earned an extension but he can this year.  I hope they wait.

Wasnt Chevy openly talking about extending him near the end of last season?  I just find it odd that they'd tell Maurice to "prove" himself.

I think they will announce an extension before the season.

Just now, Atomic said:

The risk/reward rests entirely with the organization. If the Jets do well, it may cost a bit more to keep PoMo but if they don't they're not paying beyond this year.

I hope they wait too.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wasnt Chevy openly talking about extending him near the end of last season?  I just find it odd that they'd tell Maurice to "prove" himself.

I think they will announce an extension before the season.

They cant. They need to see where they are at by us thanksgiving. Thats the date. Bottom line.. Maurice hasnt earned an extension. 

Kings hire first NHL OC: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/article/kings-name-turgeon-offensive-coordinator-1.801111

The Los Angeles Kings announced they have added former NHLer Pierre Turgeon to their coaching staff specifically in the role of "Offensive Coordinator".

For the first time in LA Kings history, there will be one coach dedicated to an "Offensive Coordinator" role.https://t.co/6CUVkWAI4w

— #LAKings (@LAKings) July 10, 2017

"We are thrilled to bring Pierre Turgeon aboard to join John Stevens and our coaching staff. For the first time in LA Kings history we will have one coach strictly dedicated to an 'Offensive Coordinator' role," Kings President Luc Robitaille said in a statement released by the Kings.