2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Much better to have young, hard-working, unskilled players.  We lost but the boys played hard.

He's a more talented Drew Stafford - a floater and a finisher.  I don't want to those guys.

Only guys left to sign are guys who 'were' top six players 3-4 years ago and are now done.

Dwight King would be a good gritty 3/4 liner.  Purcell should rebound with the right team.

I'd add Doan to this list - he might be the right guy for Connor-Roslovic-Doan on 3rd line

Edited by Floyd

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Gotta think it's Nashville or nowhere for Mike Fisher.

That's Mr. Underwood to you!

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd add Doan to this list - he might be the right guy for Connor-Roslovic-Doan on 3rd line

Doan? Is  Bryzgalov helping him move?

Vanek had couple more points in 20 less games. No see the need.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

He's a more talented Drew Stafford - a floater and a finisher.  I don't want to those guys.

Only guys left to sign are guys who 'were' top six players 3-4 years ago and are now done.

Dwight King would be a good gritty 3/4 liner.  Purcell should rebound with the right team.

Doan???  I'd rather get punched in the face every day for a year than sign that old bag of bones.

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It would be a nostalgic thing at best, started here ended here. Sort of like Kovalchuk.

I'd rather have Kovalchuk than Doan.

Doan is the perfect example of a player who doesnt know when to quit.  Should have taken the celebratory retirement with the Coyotes and kept a job with them.  Although, its his business if he wants to keep playing (or try to).

And if we're going down that road, I'd rather rather have Jagr.

Kovalchuk and Vanek are locker room poison.  Selfish players.  

I'm not really sold on Doan tbh - I wouldn't sign any of the old guys... but at least Doan and Jagr have shown they can lead and could be a positive influence on rookies.

Yeah, I'd pass on Vanek too. This team has had issues with consistent "give a F" effort in the past, I don't think a part time player / floater is a good fit. Plus, I don't see much room on the wings in our top 9.

I may be in the minority, but I don't know another forward is a must anyway. More depth at comfortable AAV/term, yeah I'd be down. Not essential tho, IMO. Of course, I'm pretty high on Connor & Roalovic too. I see one or both being a key cog with the Jets all season.

The only thing I could see is a skilled center, of which i dont see many left other than Duchesene or someone like Jokinen because of his effort and faceoff work.  They might want to improve on faceoffs especially with Little having been injured.  If they feel they have enough depth to over-come losing Little's offensive input (if injured) they might want to have more faceoff depth. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Yeah, I'd pass on Vanek too. This team has had issues with consistent "give a F" effort in the past, I don't think a part time player / floater is a good fit. Plus, I don't see much room on the wings in our top 9.

You literally just posted a lineup with Dano playing wing in the top 9.  If that's not "room" then I don't know what is.

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You literally just posted a lineup with Dano playing wing in the top 9.  If that's not "room" then I don't know what is.

That's fair.  If it's only about who'll produce more, I'd take Vanek with more points than Dano in 17/18.  The more I read about him, the more I like TBH.  Pretty solid production, only made $2.6M last season.  Very good on PP, too. 

I guess in that scenario, we'd just dump Dano for nothing then?  He's scooped if you send him down, and there's only room for him AND Vanek if Connor & Roslovic are in the A all year. 

I'd still rather a FW who's known more for D zone work & who can win some faceoffs over a FW who's primarily a goal scorer. 

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd take Dano over Vanek.

That's crazy talk.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

That's fair.  If it's only about who'll produce more, I'd take Vanek with more points than Dano in 17/18.  The more I read about him, the more I like TBH.  Pretty solid production, only made $2.6M last season.  Very good on PP, too. 

I guess in that scenario, we'd just dump Dano for nothing then?  He's scooped if you send him down, and there's only room for him AND Vanek if Connor & Roslovic are in the A all year. 

I'd still rather a FW who's known more for D zone work & who can win some faceoffs over a FW who's primarily a goal scorer. 

I'm of the opinion that there is no need to rush Connor or Roslovic into the lineup.  They are waiver-exempt so let them come up naturally, when there are injuries or someone is playing so poorly that you need to get them out of the lineup.

Laine - Scheifele - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Vanek - Lowry - Armia
Matthias - Copp - Dano

Start with that.  Petan and Sgarbossa in the press box.  Let Connor and Roslovic dominate in the AHL and bring them up if and when it is necessary.

If the Jets are looking at a depth forward signing, someone capable of playing centre or wing would be nice. Versatility in the bottom six is never a bad thing, IMO. Someone like Pirri or VandeVelde could be a nice fit. Even Nestaril could come cheap.

If it's just a dedicated centreman, perhaps Winnick... Although, I would expect he's looking for a decent payday. Cheaper options could be Desjardins or White.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I think we need Connor to make the big club and do well this year.  Perreault is sort of that weird 2/3 line guy.  He stirs the drink on the 2nd line but we're probably in much better shape if he's an everyday third liner.

Connor Lowry Armia would be a great 3rd line. Connor Roslovic Armia would be better tho. Connor and Roslo have amazing chemistry. MP is a top 6 guy.