2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I'm not really sure what I was thinking.  Upon going back and looking at the numbers that does seem like an overpayment for Kuznetsov.  Two seasons ago he was very good but this past season was definitely inconsistent.

I was very aware of how badly his play dropped off last season, as I took him early in fantasy.

36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well when u pay one guy 10m a year cuts have to come from somewhere.

For clarification sake its avg 6m/yr.

So you actually thought someone on this forum would go 'wow they got him for 1.2 million a year!!' ...?

Marleau at 6.25 million over 3 years that's a massive overpay imo..but the Toronto Sports Network thinks it's great. Don't get me wrong I think Marleau has had a great career and is a Fav player of mine but his best years are long gone...but if Toronto signed him, must be still great.?

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Marleau at 6.25 million over 3 years that's a massive overpay imo..but the Toronto Sports Network thinks it's great. Don't get me wrong I think Marleau has had a great career and is a Fav player of mine but his best years are long gone...but if Toronto signed him, must be still great.?

Huge overpay.  Hasn't put up 50 points since 2014-15 and he's 38 years old so that trend probably isn't going to be reversing.

That said, he improves their team and gives them a durable vet presence that can still score 25 goals.

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

wow Radulov to Stars - $6 mill for 5 years... how did Cdns not offer that

Like they chose Alzner over Radulov - that team is about to go off a cliff

Even if the Habs offered him the same contract, he would still make >$800k more per year in Dallas. They couldn't match it. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Great top 6 for sure. D is still meh and Bishop really struggled last year so... Implosion seems likely. 

You like their top-6? I like their top-3.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov   Awesome!

Janmark-Hanzal-Spezza   Um, Hanzal a great 3 or 4 centre and Spezza is old and slow, and really old, and getting slower, and he's old. 

NHL.com

WINNIPEG - Dmitry Kulikov had never been a free agent at any point in his career, and he thought the process would take a lot longer than it did.

But the Winnipeg Jets wouldn't let that happen.

"From the time I started talking to them, I felt in my gut that I think Winnipeg is the right fit for me, and I should be a Jet," Kulikov said via a conference call from Boca Raton, Florida.

"Looking at the roster and the players that we have, it's an impressive group."

The 26-year-old from Lipetsk, Russia put his name to a three-year contract with an average annual value of $4,333,333 on Saturday, just hours after the NHL's Free Agency period opened up.

But it wasn't only Jets General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff and management making the pitch to the left-handed defenceman. Captain Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele had a little something to do with it as well.

"I know Scheifele from a couple summers ago. I trained with him in Canada. I skated with Wheeler this summer a couple times," Kulikov said. "They played a big role in my decision. They pretty much sold me on Winnipeg and talking about how good the team is and how good the guys are in the locker room."

Kulikov has played in 507 career NHL games, scoring 30 goals and 143 points during that time. The majority of those came over seven seasons with the Florida Panthers between 2009 and 2016.