Game 47 : Jets @ Sharks - West Coast Story

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If Helle had played as well as Hutch did tonight, you would be nominating him for the Vezina.

Again, I didn't see this... I saw Hutch flopping around, giving up bad rebounds and over-committing... but LA was not a good team tonight

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You didn't see what? Helle playing as well as Hutch? You didn't see what?

Hutch having a knockout game... he was just decent.  

Or are you now claiming that we're unfairly biased to Helle over Hutch - the same goalie that you've been on a month long tirade about...

I can't keep up.  Let's go back to trading Myers.

I call a spade a spade...if someone plays well, I give them credit and Hutch played well...do I think he is the answer? no...do I still want to see Comrie? yes. Do I start Hutch next game? yes...will Maurice? doubt it.

Edited by Ducky

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

I call a spade a spade...if someone plays well, I give them credit and Hutch played well...do I think he is the answer? no...do I still want to see Comrie? yes. Do I start Hutch next game? yes...will Maurice? doubt it.

Still clinging to Comrie...  the kid with a .908 save percentage in the AHL.  Same one that let in four goals tonight?

Sounds good.  Lets ruin another prospect as we watch Stuart 'block' shots by standing right in front of him and Enstrom play 'angry squirrel' as the opposition owns the slot. 

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nope. Bottom line.  We lost. 

We get the Loser point. Hutch was ok. Maybe watch the game again and you will see he was just ok... certainly not great. 

Why bring helle up even? He didn't play. We lost. Budaj was better. 

I thought the LA OT goal was saveable if he just stands his ground upright but I'm not a Goalie expert. It just seems both our goalies go down so quick giving the top half of the net too frequent.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I thought the LA OT goal was saveable if he just stands his ground upright but I'm not a Goalie expert. It just seems both our goalies go down so quick giving the top half of the net too frequent.

Coaching. Flaherty probably tells them to do that.  

19 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Thornton looks like such a giant tool with that stupid beard.  How do you even play a serious professional sport with that big of a beard.  It doesn't make sense. 

I think it's great. It's nice to see the NHL actually have some guys with personality.

No problem with Thornton's beard...Beards are very Canadian. Lumberjacks and all that. It's a part of our heritage. "Personality" tho, is a buzzword that new-age hockey "fans" like to throw around because they want hockey players to act like NBA players. No thanks...no showboating, no grandiose bragging during press conferences. More Toews-like personalities...

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No problem with Thornton's beard...Beards are very Canadian. Lumberjacks and all that. It's a part of our heritage.

I get chopping down a tree with a beard.  I get doing lots of stuff with a beard, including leading your army in an attack on a Confederate position in the Civil War.  I just don't get how you can skate around with this gross sweaty beard on your face, unless of course you are Joe Thornton, and rarely if ever work up a sweat.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I get chopping down a tree with a beard.  I get doing lots of stuff with a beard, including leading your army in an attack on a Confederate position in the Civil War.  I just don't get how you can skate around with this gross sweaty beard on your face, unless of course you are Joe Thornton, and rarely if ever work up a sweat.

Like you think the beard makes his face too hot or he can't get enough air past the moustache?

Just now, Floyd said:

Like you think the beard makes his face too hot or he can't get enough air past the moustache?

I am not sure why I have to explain this but sure, too hot is one issue.  I just don't know why you would voluntarily choose to play hockey at its highest level with a giant mass of wet hair on your face, when you could choose to not do this instead.  I get "playoff beards" (though I have never seen one as big as Thornton's) if you are superstitious and don't want to shave, but that's just a short time frame, not an entire hockey season.  Anyway, it's my opinion, take it or leave it.