Game 47 : Jets @ Sharks - West Coast Story

Perhaps Guy and I are just old-fashioned...

Montreal Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur doesn’t mind playoff beards, but he’s not a big fan of the “long beards” a couple of Sharks stars are wearing. Lafleur said he hates that look, and that “enough is enough.”

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/canadiens-legend-lafleur-calls-burns-thorntons-beards-a-disgrace-for-hockey

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have a friend who rants about playoff beards every year.  His position is that the NHL is at it's most watched and their best players look like scrubs when they should look their best. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Don't really see what the big deal is.  You complain that you wouldn't want to skate around with that thing on your face ... well you don't have to, they do.  Apparently it doesn't bother them. 

25 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don't really see what the big deal is.  You complain that you wouldn't want to skate around with that thing on your face ... well you don't have to, they do.  Apparently it doesn't bother them. 

It'll come to an end when someone gets their beard stuck in the glass.

Personally I blame Duck Dynasty.

Next up on the hit list are guys who cut their hair short on the side and leave it long on the top and Im not talking the mullet.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I complain that I wouldn't want to skate around with that thing on my face?  Come on man.  No, I just say that I don't understand why you would do it, as it looks ridiculous and if you actually bothered to back-check and work up a sweat, it would be horribly uncomfortable.  I can see why Thornton wouldn't have that problem, though.  Also, we are playing the Sharks today (coincidentally I suddenly have a safety meeting that got mysteriously scheduled at 1:00 pm in the board room) so why wouldn't we want to chirp these stupid inbred morons?  Oh, and I don't like Joe Thornton.  At all.  And that was pre-beard.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Lawless making the point that Trouba should play with Morrissey.  Trouba playing more minutes than Buff now. 

Trouba-Morrissey is hopefully our top pairing for the next 12 years.  So sure, lets do it.

Toby-Buff.

And try and figure out that 3rdpairing.  Whats the deal with Poolman, is he ever going to arrive?

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And try and figure out that 3rdpairing.  Whats the deal with Poolman, is he ever going to arrive?

They have to sign him this summer or he's an FA. I doubt he'll leave school early this year and it's still a big jump from the NCAA to the NHL.

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lawless making the point that Trouba should play with Morrissey.  Trouba playing more minutes than Buff now. 

Trouba-Morrissey is hopefully our top pairing for the next 12 years.  So sure, lets do it.

Toby-Buff.

There's no help coming.  At least last year we had Jay Harrison...

I'm in favour of Trouba-Morrissey too but Buff-Enstrom is kind of scary the way Enstrom is playing

So many things to fix with this Jets squad. The way I see it, this team misses so many good chances too often, messes up defensively too frequently, seems weak emotionally, has questionable coaching decisions thrust upon them more than one should be comfortable with, and has goaltending that just can't keep them in the game when they need it. Other than that things are "smokin" ...

It's painfully obvious that the team has finally tuned Maurice out. Apparently he ripped on them during a break in play. Next shift... San Jose dominates in our zone. That's a sign of a team giving up on the coach. Time to send a vet or 2 packing or can Maurice.  I think I know which ones easier to happen 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Or a sign of an immature team that doesn't listen when it needs to most...

Nope. It's a sign of a team tuning him out. Honestly what has Maurice ever won? He's ripped on them a few times now the last few games... they are tuning him out. I'm surprised that it took this long 

All the good coaches are already booked for this year I would think so someone on the current staff will take over if Mauricev(when?) is canned. Who would be a suitable replacement for PM next season? I liked the job Mike Yeo did in Minny but would he work with this crew?