Game 47 : Jets @ Sharks - West Coast Story

The angry squirrel makes more than Brent Seabrook... let that sink in for a while.

No way they can offer him another contract - now they have to overpay Trouba if they have any hope of keeping him.

Chevy has really bungled the development of Jets' D

Keith and Seabrook are also very good players and some would say those deals are bargains. Enstrom has struggled this year and I'd love to move on from him if he wishes but... the reason he went back to Sweden earlier was because his fiancee was diagnosed with Cancer. Toby has struggled no doubt but prior to learning about the cancer... he was pretty solid.  His head is obviously elsewhere at times and honestly these guys are human.... I'd imagine that it can't be easy playing hockey in another country while your fiancee is at home battling cancer. 

Edited by Goalie

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Keith and Seabrook are also very good players and some would say those deals are bargains. Enstrom has struggled this year and I'd love to move on from him if he wishes but... the reason he went back to Sweden earlier was because his fiancee was diagnosed with Cancer. Toby has struggled no doubt but prior to learning about the cancer... he was pretty solid.  His head is obviously elsewhere at times and honestly these guys are human.... I'd imagine that it can't be easy playing hockey in another country while your fiancee is at home battling cancer. 

Yikes.  I'd be fine with him taking the rest of the season off and going home, under those circumstances.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Duncan Keith is probably the best defenseman in the league, so his contract is absolute highway robbery by Stan Bowman...

It was for 13 years. Those contracts aren't allowed anymore but it is a nice cap hit...only 39k more than Myers' cap hit.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:30 PM, Goalie said:

I'd move him too but a starting D man would have to be coming back or Chevy would have to have another starter because that would mean Melchiori starts...Stu, Postma and Mel all in the lineup? ...rather have Enstrom. Hope Enstrom's fiance beats the bastard. Trouba points to Enstrom for his improved play.

Edited by Ducky