Canadian Politics

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What a vapid moron.

I can't believe we're at a point in this country where that braindead ghoul could retain political office.

Sure looks like she will win. If Notley came out against Trudeau she would likely have a big lead. Might happen yet.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Notley's apparently not a slimy, lying scoundrel who blames everything wrong with Alberta on Trudeau and Ottawa.

Oh, she's not into lying and dog whistles? 

Maybe Notley should take something out of the alt-right playbook and blame everyone else. I heard she actually has policies beyond "***k Trudea". It's probably confusing the right. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, she's not into lying and dog whistles? 

Maybe Notley should take something out of the alt-right playbook and blame everyone else. I heard she actually has policies beyond "***k Trudea". It's probably confusing the right. 

I'm beginning to question whether a certain poster is arguing in good faith.

First election sign that I've seen so far in my tiny little UCP stronghold.... 

And it's NDP! (if I was betting, in this town, I'd say it's teachers or some other union member) 

Hoping this is a positive sign that things are gonna go Progressive in this province at the end of the month... 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And it's NDP! (if I was betting, in this town, I'd say it's teachers or some other union member) 

Hoping this is a positive sign that things are gonna go Progressive in this province at the end of the month... 

Oh, sweet summer child.

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know a few folks from your town. 
While not the loudest, there are absolutely some brilliant gems of humans on the progressive side over there.
I can’t lose faith in a place that has people like Bev Towes, just for one example. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Video out today of Smith railing against vax mandates and strongly supporting the criminals at Coutts last year.

Hard to keep up, with every day more gems emerge.  Here she is discussing taking over control of Federally owned airports with her Campaign Chair and UCP legal advisor Rob Anderson.

Artur also had a wonderful day, he formed a brand new party with "sleepy Rob Anders" and was convicted of numerous crimes related to the Coutts border protest.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/artur-pawlowski-guilty-coutts-border-blockade

Only 27 more days till the election!

so here's the thing about the AB election. With all the insane things Smith does and says (and they're completely deranged...) she's still in the lead in the polls. I love Rachel Notley, but what does this say about her favourability with voters that she's "losing" to someone as crazy as Smith??? I wonder if she was a middle aged white dude, if she'd be trailing this race...