Canadian Politics

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And that same jackass wrote an opinion piece for G&M, ostensibly to justify her reckless and misguided decision: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-whistleblower-china-canada-election-interference/

No evidence.

HAN DONG IS A TRAITOR WHO SHOULD BE IN PRISON!

Did I do it right?

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

Given the level of evidence required now, I am assuming that what the Cons discussed, when they dined with the the Nazi, was how to overthrow the gov't. It's a pattern because the leader of the party also met with leaders of the KKKonvoy, who's stated goal was to overthrow the gov't an install their own.  He brought them donuts and openly supported them. 

There's a scandal for you and there is real evidence, easily available with photos and their own words. 

Default counter by some who aren’t willing to talk about these said facts without quickly bringing in:

Yea but everyone’s bad, just different **** piles and if you don’t agree, you’re a hypocrite living in your own echo chamber. It needs to be all burned down.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

"Choice of words" 

The most vile, reprehensible people. 

LOL at the line about "being used by political opponesnts to hurt out chances of winning across the province"

Like they know their batshit insanity is a hindrance but rather than stomp it out they just want to hide it until they have power and then implement it anyway. Good thing Dumbass Dani is too stupid and inept to keep a lid on the crazies. 

Speaking of Danielle Smith, I saw her damage control on the bombshell from yesterday also amounted to "how DARE you use my own words to make me look bad!" 

God this United Clown Posse can't **** off soon enough. Need the NDP to win and send them to their own corners again so maybe the crazies can have their crazy party and the sane people can choose between a progressive conservative party and the NDP. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

LOL at the line about "being used by political opponesnts to hurt out chances of winning across the province"

Like they know their batshit insanity is a hindrance but rather than stomp it out they just want to hide it until they have power and then implement it anyway. Good thing Dumbass Dani is too stupid and inept to keep a lid on the crazies. 

Why would the UPC change what is obviously working for them?

Just now, Tracker said:

Why would the UPC change what is obviously working for them?

Sad, maddening, frustrating, perplexing, exhausting but true. It works. And when this lunacy is called out as it should be for any sane person no matter what political ideology they come from, the calling out is labelled divisive, mean and unpatriotic. Bizarro.

There are lunatics all across Canada but we are called the Florida Texas of Canada for a reason.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Let's have a wide reaching inquiry into everything. That's the problem. There is no one that is "clean" 

Nothing wrong with trying to get foreign influence out of our government, but it's there with every party. 

I'm glad this event brought attention to foreign interference in our democratic system, whether Chinese, Russian or American entities are attempting to influence our elections and policy decisions, it's far better all are aware of their intent to subvert our process for their own benefit so that it can be blatantly examined and exposed.

31 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'm glad this event brought attention to foreign interference in our democratic system, whether Chinese, Russian or American entities are attempting to influence our elections and policy decisions, it's far better all are aware of their intent to subvert our process for their own benefit so that it can be blatantly examined and exposed.

There is no doubt that they target diaspora communities - people who are deathly afraid of family back  home suffering consequences.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Pollievre has a scandal. Trudeau is playing right into his hands by hiding the facts.

It has been openly stated that the Chinese target(ed) diaspora communities.  I have listened to pretty much all of those question periods.  

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Exactly....and it should be done with full transparency so that there is trust in the system.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

The opening is such typical right wing BS. Gots to get the rich more money! Screw the poor! 

Same could be said about Trudeau and his hand choosing of which fat cats he gives cash for favors.

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It has been openly stated that the Chinese target(ed) diaspora communities.  I have listened to pretty much all of those question periods.  

No doubt. Now we need an open, honest, and bipartisan inquiry into this so that the public can follow along, and to raise awareness of how/when/why/ and where it is being done so that we can snuff it out. If it embarrasses one party more than the other, than that is their cross to bear.

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Go to 48:00 of this video: who applauds is more telling than what May had to say.

I am a very firm believer in the Whistleblower Act, or any public servant coming forth with information when it involved threats to national security. Liberals are just mad because this time it burned them.

Just now, Tracker said:

As have Iran and Russia. This has been going on for decades.

Probably....and we need to snuff it out openly and publically.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Exactly....and it should be done with full transparency so that there is trust in the system.

Same could be said about Trudeau and his hand choosing of which fat cats he gives cash for favors.

No doubt. Now we need an open, honest, and bipartisan inquiry into this so that the public can follow along, and to raise awareness of how/when/why/ and where it is being done so that we can snuff it out. If it embarrasses one party more than the other, than that is their cross to bear.

The concern is that any inquiry would wander into how CSIS does business and with whom. No doubt the Pols would try to pry into that so that the civil servants there would necessarily have to deny much of that and then the PCs would scream coverup. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am a very firm believer in the Whistleblower Act, or any public servant coming forth with information when it involved threats to national security. Liberals are just mad because this time it burned them.

Probably....and we need to snuff it out openly and publicly.

How? There is no way you could legally stop anyone form contacting a Canadian resident and asking him/her how his/her mother Annie and dad Fred of 123 Main Street in Shanghai are doing these days and if they are getting enough to eat. On the surface, it is benign but the intent is very clear.

OMG, the thought of having an open inquiry is absolutely ridiculous, suggested only by those that understand nothing about intelligence and how it's collected. The adults understand this, which is why it's not going to happen. Even PP knows that it's a horrible idea but he'll still call for it because it plays well with CPC/PPC crowd. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

OMG, the thought of having an open inquiry is absolutely ridiculous, suggested only by those that understand nothing about intelligence and how it's collected. The adults understand this, which is why it's not going to happen. Even PP knows that it's a horrible idea but he'll still call for it because it plays well with CPC/PPC crowd. 

Typical non-sensical rebuttal by you. The adults here, will continue to talk amongst themselves, your childishness can go take a short walk off a long pier. The "adults in the PPC, NDP, BQ do not seem to be as enlightened as you are on the matter as they voted for an inquiry. Maybe you should call them all childish too.

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The concern is that any inquiry would wander into how CSIS does business and with whom. No doubt the Pols would try to pry into that so that the civil servants there would necessarily have to deny much of that and then the PCs would scream coverup. 

How? There is no way you could legally stop anyone form contacting a Canadian resident and asking him/her how his/her mother Annie and dad Fred of 123 Main Street in Shanghai are doing these days and if they are getting enough to eat. On the surface, it is benign but the intent is very clear.

I'm not sure how, that's why we need a very open and far reaching conversation about it as a country.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

OMG, the thought of having an open inquiry is absolutely ridiculous, suggested only by those that understand nothing about intelligence and how it's collected. The adults understand this, which is why it's not going to happen. Even PP knows that it's a horrible idea but he'll still call for it because it plays well with CPC/PPC crowd

Case in point:

0236ew6dcxqa1.jpg

Imagine thinking this dipshit has the upper hand on anyone in Ottawa.