Canadian Politics

11 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Yes or no, can a woman get a legal abortion in the third largest city in New Brunswick?  Can you not acknowledge that access to legal abortions can be restricted without actually banning the service?  Now tell me which party is more likely to challenge these restrictions based on human rights?  

Sounds to me like you are advocating for a two tier health care system with private clinics providing the same services as government clinics to reduce wait times? Maybe you are a conservative after all. 

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If a fetus is killed then you have no child. Surprised you'd even ask me that.

By that logic, evertime someone masturbates and cleans up after themselves they are commiting infanticide...

If that is true then I have committed genocide countless times. I'm talking civilizations just wiped off the face of the earth with a gym sock. Countless cultures washed away with a good shower.

😆

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

By that logic, evertime someone masturbates and cleans up after themselves they are commiting infanticide...

If that is true then I have committed genocide countless times with a swipe of a gym sock.

****, are you serious??? Is that how much left wing loonies value life??? that is by far THE DUMBEST analogy I have ever read on social media. Congrats. You win the prize. Your prize is a year's supply of Noxzema hand cream. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, man....  See the source image

Anyways, lighten up man- I am only kidding, i will go put a smiley emoji there.

I am totally pro-choice, but i would always advocate for life if it was my choice and my body.

Well maybe we should stick to the topic on this thread. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

I've held my tongue long enough here but I can't wait for this all to be over, all the political ads keep making me wish that I was seeing Christmas ads right now instead of attack ads (and let's face it watching American channels next year won't be fun because it'll be an election year)

and I'm not going to lie, it's going to be a long time before I can trust conservatives again (and guess who's fault that is). I'm not happy with Scheer's comments and I'm disappointed in Trudeau for the blackface stuff (honestly I'd be more bothered if the photos were taken during his time in politics, but either way that was stupid and ignorant) and just by saying "Peoples" party of Canada, I question who they are really representing. Would it really be a bad thing if the NDP ran the country for once?

The only thing I ask of the party leaders is that no matter who wins for the love of god please don't act like Trump I don't need that in my country

Edited by iHeart

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

I've held my tongue long enough here but I can't wait for this all to be over, all the political ads keep making me wish that I was seeing Christmas ads right now instead of attack ads (and let's face it watching American channels next year won't be fun because it'll be an election year)

and I'm not going to lie, it's going to be a long time before I can trust conservatives again (and guess who's fault that is). I'm not happy with Scheer's comments and I'm disappointed in Trudeau for the blackface stuff (honestly I'd be more bothered if the photos were taken during his time in politics, but either way that was stupid and ignorant) and just by saying "Peoples" party of Canada, I question who they are really representing. Would it really be a bad thing if the NDP ran the country for once?

The only thing I ask of the party leaders is that no matter who wins for the love of god please don't act like Trump I don't need that in my country

im giving her a thumbs up cause she's under 30 and votes.

8 hours ago, iHeart said:

It would be a disaster if the NDP took power. Spending would be full tilt & federal debt would be out of control. Get used to paying higher taxes to fund the Utopian Society Singh longingly talks about. 

I am hoping for a conservative majority.

We can return to an ideological driven and ignoring evidence based policy decision making.

We can return to muzzling Canadian scientist (who are funded by us the tax payer). **** those scientists!

Screw those immigrants- not in my Canada.

65 is too early to retire- should bump it to 70!

Time for a right wing populous government, what can wrong there?!

Social services? Nothing but hand outs to beggars!

CLimate change? Who the hell needs a future when I can save pennies on a dollar when I fill up- **** you Millenials!

Yeah- that's who I need to vote for.

I think we’ll see another Liberal majority.  Scandals aside, when you look at the things you can fault Trudeau for (eg. Foreign Policy) Scheer has done nothing to distinguish himself in those areas. 

The Conservatives will probably win the popular vote, but that won’t translate into many more seats. Winning the prairies in a landslide doesn’t amount to much more than a hill of canola.  The Liberal vote is more efficient and I think the NDP will lose seats, especially in BC. 

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I agree.  And promising to scrap it won’t have the same effect that Chretien’s GST pledge did. Canadians have seen that movie before. 

Again im not sure but if the Cons scrap it but it has to go to a vote and they have minority and think we're having another election. Other then the PPC who else is there who wants it gone?

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I think we’ll see another Liberal majority.  Scandals aside, when you look at the things you can fault Trudeau for (eg. Foreign Policy) Scheer has done nothing to distinguish himself in those areas. 

The Conservatives will probably win the popular vote, but that won’t translate into many more seats. Winning the prairies in a landslide doesn’t amount to much more than a hill of canola.  The Liberal vote is more efficient and I think the NDP will lose seats, especially in BC. 

I just can't even remotely see a majority for the Liberals. If anything its CP minority/majority and if it's a majority its the NDP vote that will do it.