Game 39 : Second Smallest Arena @ Smallest Arena

37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I cringe every time I think of the deal he signed...

It was a good deal(except for term) as he was a leader with Stanley Cup rings on both hands coming off a 25g season. I think he'd be better here. Might have had a Triple L line or Laidle? :)

With a base salary of only 1m/yr does that not make him an easy write off? Ladd's got a contract like no other that i know of.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It was a good deal(except for term) as he was a leader with Stanley Cup rings on both hands coming off a 25g season. I think he'd be better here. Might have had a Triple L line or Laidle? :)

With a base salary of only 1m/yr does that not make him an easy write off? Ladd's got a contract like no other that i know of.

No, the opposite.  You don't get to write off bonuses in a buyout.  

Just now, Floyd said:

If the third D pairing was just a little better... or at least not horrible.  This team is in the playoffs.

I agree. We need to upgrade our 3rd pair. Chiarot is awful and Postma is so inconsistent but they don't play that much. Myers back means one of Postma or Chiarot don't play.  

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hellebuyck reminds me of Price early in his career... same problems...  

And with the same crap D in front of him...

Alot of people don't remember that early in his career Price was a rebound machine and with the poor defence in front of him he got lit up regularly, now a more experienced Price is a shadow of his former self in a good way and has a very competent d in front of him, someday maybe for the Jets.