Game 39 : Second Smallest Arena @ Smallest Arena

When the worst road team in the league comes in to your arena and hands your ass to you.... problems and they really do start with coaching.  

You fix it by 1. Firing the coach or 2. Making a significant trade to help your D zone play. We need a defensive d man cuz right now Morrissey is really our only one. Myers would help.  But... you need to make a significant change... Stafford hutch whoever else... it doesn't send a message. It's gotta be buff Toby trouba little type of player. I didn't include wheeler because he tries hard every game and since that's unlikely due to expansion draft... your only left with 1 option ... fire Maurice 

Edited by Goalie

50 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Unfortunately we have played the most games in the conference except Chicago, so its actually worse than it looks.

And games in hand mean nothing until they are played.

It's not like we're the only team who has ever played badly for a stretch. 

16 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

And games in hand mean nothing until they are played.

It's not like we're the only team who has ever played badly for a stretch. 

They actually do mean something when you have played more games than pretty well everyone else in your conference and are not in a playoff position.

I think LA are 2 or 3 points up on us with 1 or 2 games in hand. It's not like we are totally out of it but efforts like tonight's tend to make me feel that we are. In reality we are a playoff bubble team... we seem  to be kind of showing that. Gonna get in or miss by a few points either way. 

I have very little confidence that this Maurice coached team can win more than 2 or 3 in a row and I think in order to make it we are gonna have to win 5 6 7 8 in a row eventually 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think LA are 2 or 3 points up on us with 1 or 2 games in hand. It's not like we are totally out of it but efforts like tonight's tend to make me feel that we are. 

Correct if they win tonight currently up by 1 in the 3rd they will have 40 pt, 2 games in hand all done without 1 of the best goalie's in the league, and your right tonight's effort was disheartening , the game was unwatchable defense looks lost, goalie's with soft goals, countless shots missing the net , terrible passing and generally disorganized.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Oh I forgot, Hutch isn't getting claimed on waivers.

Is there something wrong with you? When your entire asset management plan as it relates to the expansion draft is Hutch is as the expendable goalie you do not send him down. Regardless of how little the risk is 

plus the difference between success and failure for the jets is not their back up goalie.  

Its like saying the problem with the titanic was the food. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, Goalie has won me over. Time to fire Maurice. That score is pretty bad & the Jets are going nowhere. Replacing Maurice will be Chevy's third head coach so if the firing happens he needs to be put on notice that this will be his last firing & subsequent hiring.

I bet I feel the same as many. I want to like Maurice. I want him to succeed. And I know firing him doesn't change much. But you have to consequence failure. Chevy is next. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I bet I feel the same as many. I want to like Maurice. I want him to succeed. And I know firing him doesn't change much. But you have to consequence failure. Chevy is next. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ownership seems to kiss the ground Cheveldayoff walks on so unfortunately he is probably safe for many seasons to come. Future head coaches will be sacrificed as our genius GM keeps making promises of better things to come.

I have a hard time blaming Chevy when our most consistent players are the ones we have drafted and developed.  We are a draft and develop team. Our vets have been pretty brutal actually.  Yet our coach seems to think the vets can do no wrong.  Stafford on the PK.  Lol. Coaching is a huge problem. Yuuuge.  Chevy gonna be here as long as he wants to be. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I have a hard time blaming Chevy when our most consistent players are the ones we have drafted and developed.  

How long does an actual rebuild take, Like a decade, 15 years? We're now going into Year 7 & still are waiting. We need to see actual results & that's on coaching & management.

When you actually think about it... 

Ehlers is a sophomore.  Laine is a rookie to the NHL. Petan played a couple games last year but really.. nhl rookie.  Morrissey nhl rookie. Helle?  Rookie really to the NHL. 

Scheif is our veteran young guy and he's like 23 24.