Fun Topic: Who am I? Ps: it's a goalie

Goalie

So since a few like to rip on Helle and think he's not good. . Let's play a fun little game of who am I.  

My first NHL season. I played 41 games and had a .920 save percentage 
My Second NHL season over 52 games .905 save %
My  3rd NHL season over 41 games .912 save % 

Who AM I?  

For Comparison sake Helle played 26 games last year with a .918 save percentage

This year ... 17 games and a .915 save percentage 

Edited by Goalie

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So since a few like to rip on Helle and think he's not good. . Let's play a fun little game of who am I.  

Who AM I?  

Image result for carey price

Helle is the best we have and hasn't had a lot of help in front of him but other than 2 or 3 games he has played average at best. We need above average goaltending. I am patient enough to wait though. He is not gong to be an allstar goalie in his first year and how good would Price be in the Jets' net this year? Helle/Comrie is the future.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm a Hellebuyck fan and everything, but does this really prove Hellebuyck is going to be as good as Price?  How many goalies had similar stats that turned into nothing?

No but it doesnt mean he's a bust like some say.  Its a great point about how talented goalies can take time to reach their potential.

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No but it doesnt mean he's a bust like some say.  Its a great point about how talented goalies can take time to reach their potential.

This is exactly the point. It takes time. Not even Carey Price was as good as he is now right away. And I'm not saying helle will be as good as price.  I'm just saying it took price 3 years in the NHL before he became the goalie he is today. This is essentially helles first full year. 

Edited by Goalie

Goalie defends goalie. I GET THAT!

Helle is the best we have. Maybe.

I still think Pav would have won more games for us. He just is quicker and im not talking frantic flipping on your back like Hutchison quicker. And whats up with that. Hutch how did you turn into a POS?!?

Still Helle is the best we have and to me thats the problem. I think he's been given the job without having taken it away from anyone.

And that's my nickle.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Goalie defends goalie. I GET THAT!

Helle is the best we have. Maybe.

I still think Pav would have won more games for us. He just is quicker and im not talking frantic flipping on your back like Hutchison quicker. And whats up with that. Hutch how did you turn into a POS?!?

Still Helle is the best we have and to me thats the problem. I think he's been given the job without having taken it away from anyone.

And that's my nickle.

Im no expert but the reason Pavs appears quicker and makes highlight reel saves is that he is not a strong positional goalie. 

The knock on Helle is that he is very strong positionally but thats about it.  I've heard people say if the puck doesnt hit him, then he misses it.  Thats an exaggeration ofcourse.  He lets his glove hand drop and isnt fast enough to make the crazy glove save.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The why is more important than the what.

The Jets obviously decided on this course of action before the season started.  The incumbent got only one start in preseason and got sent to the minors despite getting a shut out in that game, while the two keepers who survived that cut didn't really inspire confidence in exhibition.  So why?

Management needed to know what they have.  They knew what they thought they had.  With only a year left on the incumbent's contract and an expansion draft also a year away, are the the plans the Jets have for the future likely to bear fruit?

The Jets aren't winning the cup this year; being in a playoff position is a pleasant surprise as far as I'm concerned, and I'd expect a truly honest answer from management to indicate the same.  So they use this year to take a long look at two of the guys who could be the future and see how they respond to different situations.  To a full 82 game schedule.  To losing streaks.  To long road trips.  To aholes on the internet who think letting in 5 goals in a game is proof that they'll never be an NHL goalie.  Find out what they show and find out how much they grow.

In short, the why in all of this is so that they can make as informed a decision as possible at the end of this season.

@FrostyWinnipeg

Pavelec?  Seriously.  Guy is a backup in the AHL who has barely played and has an awful save percentage.  The same guy who NOBODY picked up on waivers?  

The same guy who for 5.5 6 seasons was legit one of the worst goalies in the league in terms of numbers and save percentage. A guy that isn't even in the top 30 in the AHL numbers wise? 

Do you think Cory Schneider would help the Jets have more wins? Keep in mind him and Helle the exact same numbers this year (not exact but tiny tiny tiny difference) 

You crap on the goalie but... what Goalie is gonna win when the team in front of him scores 6 goals in total in 5 games? None of them. 

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Who AM I?  

Marco Belchior!

Who am I?

Games played starting with first full season followed by Goals Against Average. Arguably the best goalie of all time.

64, 2.68 GAA

54, 2.24 GAA

56, 2.26 GAA

62, 2.69 GAA

56, 2.14 GAA

52, 2.05 GAA

47, 2.30 GAA

He played 7 full seasons and a small part of another and had a winning percentage of .600. He also won six Stanley cups, a Calder Trophy, a Conn Smythe Trophy and five Vezinas. Think about his awards considering his time in the game and his winning percentage. In my eyes the best goalie of all time.