Bo Levi Mitchell & the NFL

BigBlue

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

My hate for Burris is stronger than anything so **** that guy this weekend. Seriously I dislike Burris so much I don't think I could even root for him if he were a Bomber...

But you're also a closet Stamps fan just waiting to convert....been on the books for awhile now....

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

Yes and that's why I said I would normally agree with you... but you can't ignore they looked borderline unstoppable when they should have been vulnerable last Sunday...

That's because they _thought_ they were going to be playing us. When it turned out to be BC, well, that made it easy. I assure you we would have given them a much better challenge. They may have won the Grey Cup when BC beat us.

The NFL is more open to drafting and signing quarterbacks from smaller schools and/or those who are not the prototypical 6'3" or above.  Carson Wentz was a high draft pick from North Dakota State of all places this past year.  Guys like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees who are 5'11" would have never started for NFL teams in the 70s or 80s, but changing mindsets have given them the opportunities to become NFL QBs in the new millenium.  

There are other starters and backups who are Mitchell's height in the NFL..some even shorter like Wilson and Brees.  He has a shot in 2018 if he wants it.

“They’re finding out who they are right now and we’re going to continue to show them,” Mitchell said of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

That's a person I find it very easy to dislike, and not just cause he said it about the bombers. What an obnoxious thing to say.

Please go to the NFL Bo.

I'm not thoroughly convinced BLM doesn't have an 'out' clause in lieu of a higher salary. If BLM isn't the highest paid QB in the league, and he should be, then he may have an 'arrangement'. If he is the highest paid, then how do they keep that team together next year...when all the plates are being held out for a bigger piece of the pie?

Edited by Mr Dee

Thing about the Stamps that most impresses me is their ability, over a long period, to put together a good offensive line, and have subs go in and play well.

Well ours is as good or probably better than theirs at this point. huge plus to Walters and our O line coach, for that.

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, Mark F said:

Thing about the Stamps that most impresses me is their ability, over a long period, to put together a good offensive line, and have subs go in and play well.

Well ours is as good or probably better than theirs at this point. huge plus to Walters and our O line coach, for that.

And Calgary is also doing it with 4 Canadians... having Federkeil at a hometown discount doesn't hurt... 

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I'm not thoroughly convinced BLM doesn't have an 'out' clause in lieu of a higher salary. If BLM isn't the highest paid QB in the league, and he should be, then he may have an 'arrangement'. If he is the highest paid, then how do they keep that team together next year...when all the plates are being held out for a bigger piece of the pie?

That throw he made where he was rolling to his right and threw across his body to hit McDaniel in stride at midfield for a major was sick. I don't know how you defend against something like that. It's pure gunslinger and Jennings has that kind of talent and ability too. How do Huf and Wally keep finding these guys and why can't we? How good would BLM look in blue and gold? Dreamer I know but ...

22 hours ago, Mark F said:

That's a person I find it very easy to dislike, and not just cause he said it about the bombers. What an obnoxious thing to say.

Please go to the NFL Bo.

It's only obnoxious because you're a Bomber fan. You'd like it a lot more if you were a Stump fan. Besides, we had our chances to prove him wrong this year and couldn't deliver. You know what that means.:(