CFL 2016 Western Semifinal now up on You Tube

Fatty Liver

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

In the video, do the Bombers go for it on third and four?  :(

I've come to the conclusion that our players are just as good as the Lions. Not surprising, given the relative experience, but I think we were probably outcoached by Wally and friends.

The problem then becomes, how do we get them, or someone like them, to work their magic for the Bombers? 

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

In the video, do the Bombers go for it on third and four?  :(

I've come to the conclusion that our players are just as good as the Lions. Not surprising, given the relative experience, but I think we were probably outcoached by Wally and friends.

we had several chances to win the game out right on plays. 2 floated deep passes that should have been tds but the wr had to stop and come back, 1 which led to a fg. More times then can be counted where the D had a chance to make a tackle and prevent a long @$$ run that wouldve swung the tide. Especially the late first half score for bc. With out that, we have all the momentum going in the 2nd. we could have nailed that Fg to end the game, it was like 2-3 yards off medlocks longest of the year. 

Our adjustments at the half were solid, the play calling was on par with the rest of the year,better on offense. The D could have adjusted much better in the first half to not give up a stupid amount of Yards on the ground, but over all we were out executed. Not out coached. For the whole game, id say we still out played bc over all. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

True. Probably would have won the game if he's gotten those out there a little farther.

we scored a td on the first drive, but kicked a red zone field goal on the 2nd. Thats not nichols skill set, and it sure doesnt help the amount of usage the deep ball gets in our offense. But we had tons and ton of chances to make single plays that would have won the game. If our wrs had made a man miss or broke a tackle they may have walked right in on those plays too. 

55 minutes ago, Mark F said:

just shut er down eh mrdee? ;)

I expect the coaches and players spend a fair bit of time analysing  games and thinking about more than just what they did right.

We're just trying to help!

Walters said very clearly that after a game he sits down with O'Shea and they discuss the "logic" of the decisions that were made. He said it's his job to question those decisions. I get why O'Shea's supporters just want to shut 'er down. 

The media is the media. It's their job to ask tough questions. If it makes Walters or O'Shea uncomfortable, too bad. Good for the young lady that asked Walters what he thought of the decision that was made at the end of the game. It needed to be asked. As expected, Walters answered that those decisions are "tough". For O'Shea, very tough. When asked if he'd tell if he disagreed with Mike's decision he bluntly said "No" so he obviously considers it his job to cover his coach's ass, in front of the media at least. In private it might be different. I don't have a problem with that. When asked why he was spending more time down on the field of late, and I think the insinuation was that he was there to help O'Shea do his job, Kyle answered that he was there to keep the time clock operator honest. I don't think I buy that one.

I'm sure after the last game the conversation between Walters and O'Shea was ... interesting.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

just shut er down eh mrdee? ;)

I expect the coaches and players spend a fair bit of time analysing  games and thinking about more than just what they did right.

We're just trying to help!

Nope.

You missed the intent of the post. The 'if only' jive was just that, a poke at using the if only this would have happened or that wouldn't have happened. It occurs all the time.

Anybody can talk all they want about the call, the game, the play, the result.

Its all their opinion.

It's just when people inject their opinion into what they perceive to be what the speaker meant, do my ears perk up. Try not to read anything into what isn't there is all I'm saying...

6 hours ago, J5V said:

Walters said very clearly that after a game he sits down with O'Shea and they discuss the "logic" of the decisions that were made. He said it's his job to question those decisions. I get why O'Shea's supporters just want to shut 'er down. 

The media is the media. It's their job to ask tough questions. If it makes Walters or O'Shea uncomfortable, too bad. Good for the young lady that asked Walters what he thought of the decision that was made at the end of the game. It needed to be asked. As expected, Walters answered that those decisions are "tough". For O'Shea, very tough. When asked if he'd tell if he disagreed with Mike's decision he bluntly said "No" so he obviously considers it his job to cover his coach's ass, in front of the media at least. In private it might be different. I don't have a problem with that. When asked why he was spending more time down on the field of late, and I think the insinuation was that he was there to help O'Shea do his job, Kyle answered that he was there to keep the time clock operator honest. I don't think I buy that one.

I'm sure after the last game the conversation between Walters and O'Shea was ... interesting.

It might have gone something like this:

Walters:  Hey Mike, why did you decide to kick the field goal instead going for the first down?

O'Shea:  Because I decided that was the better call.

Walters:  Fine, but remember, if you ever want my advice on a coaching decision, I'm ready to bring my three years as a mediocre CFL special teams coach to bear.

O'Shea:  Thanks for that Kyle, I'll keep it in mind.

Or it might have gone like this:

Walters: Mike, what where you thinking?

O'Shea:  I thought it as the best option at the time.

Walters:  Well, in hindsight you sure messed that one up Mike.

O'Shea:  You might be right Kyle, but I have two words for you.  "Addison Richards"

<pause>

Walters:  I'll be in my office if you need anything.