US Politics

Rich

13 minutes ago, do or die said:

Remember the good ole days, when the big worry was ISIS radicalizing domestic terrorists......

The FBI has been warning for some 20 years that the biggest threat was the right-wing groups in the States, but were ordered to shut up by first the Bush 2 regime and then the Trump cabal. 

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't know if this got posted already or if it's in the US election thread but I love every single thing about what is said in the link

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/11/ex-wife-turned-in-retired-lieutenant-colonel-with-zip-ties-at-capitol/

She is the most worthy potential recipient of the Medal of Freedom, I've see this week........

Head of Republican AGs group steps down over robocalls pushing supporters to the Capitol
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/533731-head-of-republicans-ags-group-steps-down-over-robocalls-pushing-supporters-to

respect:

Bill Belichick will not receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Donald Trump this week. 

The New England Patriots head coach announced Monday in a statement to ESPN’s Adam Schefter that he had declined the president’s offer. 

“Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients,” Belichick’s statement read. “Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. 

“Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award.”

if anyone had doubts  this should end them!  

Edited by Mark F

'Absolutely chilling': House Democrats briefed on disturbing assassination plots by Trump supporters

House Democrats on Monday were briefed by the U.S. Capitol Police on several disturbing potential armed demonstrations and assassination plots planned in the coming days by supporters of President Donald Trump, an indication that the deadly invasion of the halls of Congress last week may have been just the start of a broader wave of right-wing violence ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

HuffPost reported that on a private call late Monday, "new leaders of the Capitol Police told House Democrats they were closely monitoring three separate plans that could pose serious threats to members of Congress as Washington prepares for Democrat Joe Biden's presidential inauguration on Jan. 20."

According to HuffPost:

The first is a demonstration billed as the "largest armed protest ever to take place on American soil."
Another is a protest in honor of Ashli Babbitt, the woman killed while trying to climb into the Speaker's Lobby during Wednesday's pro-Trump siege of the Capitol.
And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol―perhaps even killing them―so that Republicans could take control of the government.
Under fire for allowing last week's assault on Congress, the Capitol Police insisted to House Democrats on the Monday call that law enforcement is prepared to handle the pro-Trump extremists—but, according to HuffPost, lawmakers stressed the need for strict protections.

"One topic of discussion was the need to put every member of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration," HuffPost reported. "A member on the call [said] that there was an 'eyes-wide-open realization' that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against 'all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns.'"

13 hours ago, do or die said:

Wear the horns......get gored

did mummy help with the makeup? need to know.

a snowflake. along with all the rest of those cowards in that mob. beating helpless people to death.

just like his cowardly hero trump.

lol trump " Admission of guilt"

as if there's a shortage of evidence of his crimes.

Edited by Mark F

GOP lawmakers told Trump takes some responsibility for Capitol riot
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533754-gop-lawmakers-told-trump-takes-some-responsibility-for-capitol-riot

Above is the official video of Trump on his knees sobbing and telling McCarthy "I did this.  All my fault, I feel ashamed....what have I done?"

Fortunately the President was soon able to get back to business as usual.....

Trump defends remarks before Capitol riots, calling them 'totally appropriate'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533802-trump-defends-remarks-before-capitol-riots-calling-them-totally

Ivanka Trump mocked for saying she'll attend Biden Inauguration to save her 'promising political career'

The Internet is unleashing mockery after Ivanka Trump let it be known she plans to attend the presidential inauguration of Joe Biden. At any other point in U.S. history it would not even have been news, but rather, an assumption and expectation that the First Daughter and Advisor to the outgoing President would attend the event, but these are strange times.

The eldest Trump daughter isn't planning on attending for patriotic reasons, nor for a chance to witness history first hand, nor to support the incoming administration.

"Ivanka is worried that her promising political career is in jeopardy and she's doing whatever she can to save her reputation," according to the Daily Mail, citing a White House insider who says, "Ivanka is convinced that by attending Biden's inauguration she will come across as a good sport and will gain future supporters."

Ivanka Trump mocked for saying she'll attend Biden Inauguration to save her 'promising political career' - Alternet.org

Cops Warn House Dems of Plot to Encircle the Capitol and Assassinate Them, Says Report

Reuters/Jim Urquhart
Last week’s deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol building sent shockwaves around the world—and it seems the threat isn’t over just yet. According to a report from HuffPost, Capitol Police warned House Democrats on Monday night that there are three potentially violent demonstrations planned ahead of Joe Biden’s inauguration next week—including one plot to surround the Capitol and assassinate them. Lawmakers were reportedly told that demonstrators plan to encircle the Capitol to block Democrats and non-Trumpist Republicans from entering the building, and allow lawmakers loyal to Trump to enter and control government. Democrats were reportedly told on the call that the plot could involve assassinations. “It was pretty overwhelming,” one Democrat told HuffPost. Police reportedly told members that, this time, they’re ready to handle the plots.

Read it at : Cops Warn House Dems of Plot to Encircle the Capitol and Assassinate Them, Says Report (thedailybeast.com)

Susan Collins shockingly reveals her "first thought was that the Iranians" hit the Capitol
Republican Sen. Susan Collins made a stunning admission of ignorance about the right-wing extremism goaded by GO

In a new piece for the local paper Bangor Daily News detailing her experience in the Jan. 6 attack on Congress, Republican Sen. Susan Collins made a revealing admission on Monday about her first thoughts during the siege.

The lawmaker from Maine, who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said:

"My first thought was that the Iranians had followed through on their threat to strike the Capitol, but a police officer took over the podium and explained that violent demonstrators had breached the entire perimeter of the Capitol and were inside. Several of us pointed out that the doors to the press gallery were unlocked right above us. That tells you how overwhelmed and unprepared the Capitol Police were, although many, many of them were very courageous". [emphasis added]

(If anyone else thought that she was as dumb as a bag of hammers, here's further proof)

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Susan Collins shockingly reveals her "first thought was that the Iranians" hit the Capitol
Republican Sen. Susan Collins made a stunning admission of ignorance about the right-wing extremism goaded by 

"my first thought"

its believable to me ...... that she has not had any thoughts prior to,that one.

stupidity, gullibility, craven selfishness..... good combo for a republican legislator.

Edited by Mark F