US Politics

Rich

I predict Trump will have a set that resembles the oval office, with flags and such; and continue signing documents, holding them up, maybe even conduct "press conferences"

There will be big announcements coming " in two weeks"

for the purpose of fleecing the dopes.

going to be hilarious.

Edited by Mark F

Lost in the shuffle this week is the SCOTUS ruling on COVID restrictions in houses of worship...

It's strange to have this ruling when, there are already restrictions on capacity for safety reasons (i.e. for fire regulations, structural capacity limits and so forth), so I fail to see how a fire marshal dictating the capacity of a house of worship is not considered infringing on your religious freedom, yet covid restrictions for safety is... dafuq Gorsich? you second rate applet judge.... 

Furthermore, his invocation of "science" to defend his position is seriously flawed, as illustrated below:

And the icing on the cake:

source here:

I wonder if she has packed her duffle bag yet, she really is no longer needed, but she shouldn't stray away to far as a committee or two might want to question her and her predecessors about their blatant lies and general stupidity................this kind of garbage can't and should never happen again.

Edited by bustamente

Report: US Ramping Up Deportations of Black Asylum-Seekers

Lucy Nicholson/Reuters
Immigration officials are ramping up deportation efforts against Black asylum-seekers, sometimes assaulting and threatening immigrants in attempt to make them sign deportation papers, according to a new Los Angeles Times report. The escalated measures have targeted asylum-seekers from African and Caribbean nations, including those who risk torture or death in their home countries. An immigration watchdog told the Times that Immigrations and Custom Enforcement flights increased 10 percent in October, an indication that ICE was scaling up deportations.

One recently deported Ethiopian man—a teacher who fled political persecution—described the treatment of African immigrants as racist. Immigration attorneys said Black and African immigrants appear to face even worse odds than other groups when applying for asylum. Although many appeared to have clear-cut asylum cases, the U.S. disproportionately rejected these immigrants’ applications, with Cameroonians and Eritreans facing approximately twice as many rejections as people Cubans and Venezuelans. Attorneys said rejections of Black asylum-seekers appear to be on the rise, for “clearly bogus reasons.” In one such case, ICE allegedly claimed an asylum-seeker had failed to prove his identity. In fact, the agency had all the man’s documents on file.

Who doesn’t love a little light pettiness?. Treasury Secretary Moves $455 Billion of Unspent Stimulus Money Out of Biden’s Reach Because Petty

There is a difference between my 1-year-old daughter throwing my 3-year-old son’s stuffed Mickey Mouse over the banister so that no one can play with it, and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin moving $455 billion in unspent stimulus money into a fund that wouldn’t allow incoming President Joe Biden access to it without Congressional approval.

“That amount includes money that Mnuchin is yanking from the Federal Reserve and unused loans for companies. The funds will be deposited into the Treasury’s General Fund, which requires legislative approval to use the money elsewhere. The Treasury Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment,” Business Insider reports.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin Moves $455 Billion of Unspent Stimulus Money (theroot.com)