US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

The rally tonight will be a even crazier tonight in Michigan, he is getting to the point where during one of these rallies he will instruct and beg his followers to rise up,take arms and protect their beloved dictator.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

he already did that.

It's funny, because it is true.

It is also very, very sad.

On 2019-12-17 at 8:03 PM, Goalie said:

I muted and blocked Trump on twitter. Ive probably blocked 200 or more Trump tards yet this crap still shows up on my timeline. 

yeah I have that problem too on twitter, I wish twitter would allow us remove a trending topic we don't want to see on the site like facebook did when they had trends

Mentioned earlier but worth watching this video. It really sums up the type of gross person trump is.  He thinks every honour a person earns is his to dole out like currency and nothing he does for anyone is free.  

he has to tear down everyone to satisfy his own incredibly fragile ego.  It really shows how he was compromised by Russia and why he feels so indebted to them.  Nothing is free. Everything is currency.  

This is telling.  Trump thinks witnesses will lie for him.  Mitch knows most people won’t risk jail for trump and the truth would be very bad.  

I can’t fathom why the GOP would announce publicly that they were biased and intended to run a quick show trial.  They have the Dems all the leverage in the world to refuse to send articles under those conditions.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

one obvious problem they have:

North Dakota, has the same number of Senators as New York State.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

It does if you think that the country is made up of 50 individual states which have their own rights and separation of powers. They are united with common federal laws but distinctly separate powers. 

It may be a relic of the past, like the electoral college, like the two-party system, like the primaries but means that Montana has the same voice as Florida, as Alaska, as Texas, and so on. It's meant as a balance. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They are united with common federal laws but distinctly separate powers. 

they can and do run their own state government. And they can run it any way they want, within the law, with no say  any other state.

a state with a population of one million people should not have the same control over national affairs as a state with fifty million, and the 7th lar

gest economy in the world, California for instance.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Each North Dakota vote is far more valuable in a federal election, than each California vote.

I think that's wrong, and it's part of what's brought to where they are now.

Edited by Mark F

Meanwhile, in Washington State:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/washington-state-rep-matt-shea-engaged-in-domestic-terrorism-against-the-u-s-says-state-house-inquiry/#comments

State Rep. Matt Shea planned and participated in domestic terrorism against the United States before and during the armed takeover at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, an investigation commissioned by the Washington state House found.

The WA state government is thoroughly democratic, but the state GOP has kicked Shea out of their caucus in response to the investigation.

When you inspire such bipartisan unity in this day and age, you are a special person indeed.

Edited by johnzo