US Politics

Rich

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Fun Article in Vanity Fair:

He says Wall street should worry about Warren cause 1 she wants to ban fracking.

the frackers have never, not once, turned a profit, they are and have been losing money in the biliions for years. If Wall street likes that, they are nuts.

I suppose some wall street firms get some nice fees out of the fracking scam.

seriously look it up, the fracking project is a scam. Encouraged and promoted by that great lefty environmentalist Obama.

also, the wall street guys would know if Trump is gaming the system, which they wouldn't like cause they are not in on it.

Edited by Mark F

speaking of reasons to impeach Trump's ass, we haven't even talked about emoluments yet.  Dude's hotels are full of empty rooms paid for by foreign guests who are trying to curry influence, and he wanted to buff up the offseason numbers of his Miami golf course by holding the G-7 conference there. 

Sure, Congress made him reconsider the G-7 thing, but in the real world, such bad judgment is a firing offense even if you don't act on your bad judgment, because your bosses shouldn't have to watch your every move to see if you're trying to rip them off.  Like, if I worked at a gas station and I announced to my boss "hey, when my friends come in for gas I'm just gonna keep their money instead of putting it in the till" it would be totally okay for him to fire me even if he first got me to agree not to keep my friends' gas money.

That's all this is, a firing. The American electorate elected a guy who turned out to be a shitty president.  Subsequently, at first opportunity, they elected a bunch of Democrats to Congress.  For those unfamiliar with the US Constitution, Congresspeople have the explicit power to make a case to fire the President.  If the American people wanted to rule out impeachment, they would have voted for a GOP Congress. Trump made that point repeatedly on the 2018 campaign trail, that impeachment was a risk of a Dem congress.  That point didn't resonate with the electorate, and so here we are.

Hatchet Jobs... Hatchet Jobs everywhere...

An investigation which is seeking nothing less than to overturn the conclusion of the US intelligence services and special counsel Robert Mueller that Russia interfered in the last US presidential election.

This has now been designated a criminal investigation with power of subpoena and the possibility of prison sentences for those who have been allegedly involved in criminal actions, although exactly what these criminal actions entail remains unclear.

It may also seem odd that Trump, having repeatedly claimed that the Mueller report was a “complete and total exoneration” of him over Russiagate, is now going to such lengths to try and discredit it.

Cuz, this is the way innocent people behave- ffs.

William Barr better not get out of this political chapter unscathed. He needs to be held accountable.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Americans will find out if the Senate does not impeach and remove Trump and if he is getting destroyed in the polls just before the election he will make up some stupid crisis that will allow him to postpone the election and he is well within his right to do so and there is nothing anyone can do anything about it.

Edited by bustamente

https://digbysblog.blogspot.com/

"When the president of the United States talks like a gangster, here's how it looks to his targets. From former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch's deposition:

Q: Also on page 4, at the top, President Trump said, “The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news, so I just want to let you know that.” Do you see that?

A: Yes.

Q: What was your reaction when you saw that?

A: Again, I hate to be repetitive, but I was shocked. I mean, I was very surprised that President Trump would—first of all, that I would feature repeatedly in a Presidential phone call, but secondly, that the President would speak about me or any ambassador in that way to a foreign counterpart.

Q: At the bottom of that same page, President Trump says, “Well, she’s going to go through some things.” What did you understand that to mean?

A: I didn’t know what it meant. I was very concerned. I still am.

Q: Did you feel threatened?

A: Yes.

He's the most powerful thug in the world. I'd be scared too.

But consider that she'd already been treated as if there was a contract out on her:

Q: What did she say to you?

A: Well, in the first call, which happened at quarter of 10 in the evening Kyiv time,
she said that she was giving me a heads-up, that things were going wrong, kind of
off the—off the track, and she wanted to give me a heads-up. She didn’t know
what was happening, but there was a lot of nervousness on the seventh floor and
up the street.

Q: What did she mean by “up the street”?

A: The White House.

A: She called me about an hour later, so it’s now 1 a.m. in the Ukraine.

Q: And what did she say to you then?

A: She said that there was a lot of concern for me, that I needed to be on the next
plane home to Washington. And I was like, what? What happened? And she
said, I don’t know, but this is about your security. You need to come home
immediately. You need to come home on the next plane

Jesus.

These people are mobsters and all the Republicans are going to defend it as perfectly normal. If it is, the US State Department is a criminal organization."

Edited by Mark F

WHen you can't defend the POTUS's corrupt and illegal actions,

When you are no longer able to attack the process

and it becomes ineffective to attack the integrity of a Purple heart recipient

you are left to hire a robocall firm and... DDOS the Democrat's phone lines..?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

NEW: @realdonaldtrump's company is showing new signs of financial decline. One major example: Trump's Chicago hotel. New docs show its profits fell 89% in 3 years after Trump entered politics.https://t.co/nAJvNX5bd3

— David Fahrenthold (@Fahrenthold) November 5, 2019

Evidently he’s selling his best hotel, the one in Washington.   His move to Florida is because you can keep your primary residence after bankruptcy.  Some speculate hes broke.