US Politics

Rich

The lawyer behind Manifort's Ukraine lobbing effort has been charged with lying to Mueller's Special Council Team.   He is also the son-in law to Russian oligarch German Khan

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/law-firm-associate-pleads-guilty-mueller-lying   

Couple of logical takeaways:

Message to people who think they will lie to Mueller's people
Message to the Russians
Message to Manifort

But instead....I expect:

BOMBSHELL! TRUMP INNOCENT!  NO COLLUSION!  POW!!  MUELLER FRAUD!!  WITCH HUNT CONTINUES!!

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

The lawyer behind Manifort's Ukraine lobbing effort has been charged with lying to Mueller's Special Council Team.   He is also the son-in law to Russian oligarch German Khan

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/law-firm-associate-pleads-guilty-mueller-lying   

Couple of logical takeaways:

Message to people who think they will lie to Mueller's people
Message to the Russians
Message to Manifort

But instead....I expect:

BOMBSHELL! TRUMP INNOCENT!  NO COLLUSION!  POW!!  MUELLER FRAUD!!  WITCH HUNT CONTINUES!!

Might be more pressure on Manafort to flip.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Still don't know what Bannon is telling Mueller about certain people within the WH.   Kushner and Trump Jr. are probably not on his Christmas list. 

BTW...whatever happened to the ole "red line" about Mueller probing into Trump family finances?  The new narrative moving forward, could be called "Chinese water torture"

He did say his finances were a red line.  But maybe Kushner's are okay lol

As I recall, the idea of Trump pardoning himself is not something that he is forbidden to do.  But even if he were, I'd suspect a Nixon type deal.  Trump resigns and Pence pardons him.  But I think we're a long way off from Trump being criminally charged with anything.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Which begs the question does a innocent man who has done nothing wrong need to be pardoned.

The US Supreme Court ruled that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt but, of course, it's not that easy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/08/26/is-accepting-a-pardon-an-admission-of-guilt/?utm_term=.75678574d69b

Trump two days ago:

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!

Sarah Huckabee Sanders today:

He was speaking not necessarily that that was the cause.

So glad she has recovered from her momentary hesitation over the Porter thing.   Spin cycle back on.