US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

You  mean the President who will shutdown the border if he doesn't get money for a border wall that he said the Mexican's were going to pay for, or said the wall was already being built, this idiot will go down as the most hated President of all time by the end of his term if he makes it there, so he will actually get something he said right he will be the best at being the worst.

I agree.  100 years from now, Trump will be taught in schools in a similar, yet opposite way we learn and talk about Lincoln.  

4 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The question is:  What is worse than spending the rest of your life in jail?  I would not be surprised if his family has been threatened by Mother Russia.

You wonder don't you? It's extremely unhealthy to be a Putin critic.

That's why America is better, they just dump dirt on their opponents. Russians bump them off.

Also, I think Paul Manafort  can get a pardon from Trump. After he gets out, maybe he'll move to the UAR, or Dubai.

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

You wonder don't you? It's extremely unhealthy to be a Putin critic.

That's why America is better, they just dump dirt on their opponents. Russians bump them off.

Also, I think Paul Manafort  can get a pardon from Trump. After he gets out, maybe he'll move to the UAR, or Dubai.

A pardon seems to be the idea.  Same with Corsi.  They both have joint defense agreements with Trump.  So you can assume there has been a pardon promised.  But if Trump did pardon these guys, it would probably blow up in his face.  How much, is anyones guess.

24 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Blow up in his face? Probably. Lasting political damage.... none.

The thing Trump has going for him is the complete capitulation of the GOP.  Should Trump ever become so poisonous that it means the certain defeat of incumbent senators or loss of the White House to the Dems for several terms, they will wash their hands of him.  The House would impeach him tomorrow.  If Mueller's report is criminally damning, he's impeached.  Its whether the GOP Senate can protect him without losing their own seats, thats the question.

As for political consequence to Trump, does anyone care?  He's old and probably not even likely to run again.  The whole thing is about his brand which has been damaged.  His kids have never shown any propensity for being smarter than  him so they likely wont prosper.  I remember reading that Ivanka had designs on becoming the first female President.  The consequences might be that dear old dad is so gross, he takes down her dreams too.  

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

so far, he's rightfully earned the nick name "Teflon Don".

disagree, his side got hammered in their last election. Lost Seats that have always been R, Orange country ca for instance.

Other than evangelicals, women despise Trump, and friends, and they are motivated to do something about it. Running, working, voting. 

Republicans treat women (and others) like dirt. Women noticed, and are doing something about it.

have you seen the photos of Trump with his daughter sitting on his lap? Very creepy.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, Mark F said:

disagree, his side got hammered in their last election. Lost Seats that have always been R, Orange country ca for instance.

Other than evangelicals, women despise Trump, and friends, and they are motivated to do something about it. Running, working, voting. 

Republicans treat women (and others) like dirt. Women noticed, and are doing something about it.

have you seen the photos of Trump with his daughter sitting on his lap? Very creepy.

Hmmmm. Yeah, that's fair. He has been getting hammered politically.

I guess my Teflon don comment is more for his base. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hmmmm. Yeah, that's fair. He has been getting hammered politically.

I guess my Teflon don comment is more for his base. 

Whomever was responsible for the Republican's strategy last election was very smart and deserves a lot of credit.  They didnt try to win the whole thing, they target specific areas where winning would get them the electoral college.  Ofcourse, with a big assist from Russia. 

I was surprised this week to learn a friend is a Trump supporter and mentioned the economy and "stop watching fake news CNN".  I was like dude...come on.  He has many friends in the US and I assume they are Trump-ites and feeding him this nonsense.  If the economy ever sunk, which some people believe will happen, Trump is toast even with his base.

He'll never lose the "core base" which is, ofcourse, the racists, crazy religious nuts etc.  Because they support him precisely because he shares their ideals.  I always assume, even if you're a diehard Republican, that fact (that he plays to the racist alt right) would be enough to turn you against him...but seemingly, people can turn a blind eye to the worst things if they think it means they "win".

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He'll never lose the "core base" which is, ofcourse, the racists, crazy religious nuts etc.  Because they support him precisely because he shares their ideals. 

lol, just because he doesn't demonize them, doesn't mean that he shares their ideas, he wants their votes and plays the middle of the road with them. Hilary called them 'a basket of deplorables' how'd that work out for her?

Let me ask you something, just because we don't call them 'Islamic terrorists' anymore, does that make us all terrorists? 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

lol, just because he doesn't demonize them, doesn't mean that he shares their ideas, he wants their votes and plays the middle of the road with them.

No they do share ideals, those ideals being that they want to be ruled like kings and that minorities are bad and can't things just be more white? 

Anyone who says Trump isn't a racist is lying, it's his racism that makes him popular with these people. And yes they are deplorables, just there's been enough gerrymandering that they have an over inflated influence in elections. 

10 minutes ago, pigseye said:

lol, just because he doesn't demonize them, doesn't mean that he shares their ideas, he wants their votes and plays the middle of the road with them. Hilary called them 'a basket of deplorables' how'd that work out for her?

Let me ask you something, just because we don't call them 'Islamic terrorists' anymore, does that make us all terrorists? 

Every so often you come here and try to cover your tracks as an unabashed Trump supporter.  I think when someone loves something but is embarrassed to admit it, it speaks volumes.  But here you fully expose yourself.  To suggest Trump doesnt share their ideals is laughable.  Laughable.  If you embrace a racist, you're a racist.  Period.  

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Every so often you come here and try to cover your tracks as an unabashed Trump supporter.  I think when someone loves something but is embarrassed to admit it, it speaks volumes.  But here you fully expose yourself.  To suggest Trump doesnt share their ideals is laughable.  Laughable.  If you embrace a racist, you're a racist.  Period.  

Please provide examples of Trump discriminating against minorities in his policies, if you can.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No they do share ideals, those ideals being that they want to be ruled like kings and that minorities are bad and can't things just be more white? 

Anyone who says Trump isn't a racist is lying, it's his racism that makes him popular with these people. And yes they are deplorables, just there's been enough gerrymandering that they have an over inflated influence in elections. 

You're smarter than that.

Ever heard the term 'politics makes strange bedfellows', it's all about winning and in order to win you have to have the most votes and the deplorables are a big chunk of that.

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Please provide examples of Trump discriminating against minorities in his policies, if you can.

Just stop.  You're far too transparent and its very unbecoming.  When someone embraces and courts white supremacists, nazi's and KKK members, when they routinely scold and berate minorities, when they desperately try to create immigration policies or rules to keep them out, he's a racist.   If you condone that, you're one too.

6 minutes ago, pigseye said:

You're smarter than that.

Ever heard the term 'politics makes strange bedfellows', it's all about winning and in order to win you have to have the most votes and the deplorables are a big chunk of that.

Oh so your position is, Trump just embraces racists because he wants to win, but he isnt actually a racist?  Is that how you justify your support?  Disgusting.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just stop.  You're far too transparent and its very unbecoming.  When someone embraces and courts white supremacists, nazi's and KKK members, when they routinely scold and berate minorities, when they desperately try to create immigration policies or rules to keep them out, he's a racist.   If you condone that, you're one too.

The reason I don't come here more often to debate is because it always ends with name calling, not pointing the figure at you directly but why does it have to always deteriorate into name calling? 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

The reason I don't come here more often to debate is because it always ends with name calling, not pointing the figure at you directly but why does it have to always deteriorate into name calling? 

You mean like calling a racist a racist?  Thats not really name-calling.  Its describing a factual scenario.  Trump's own words and deeds are what brand him.  You can't expect much love from people when you routinely defend that or try to make excuses.

I understand that this seems like an echo chamber.  But its sort of akin to a thread about any horrible person being called an echo chamber...

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Transgender ban in the military is another that comes to mind but both were/are not strictly driven by racism alone, although the media really only played up one side of it. 

So your questioned was answered and your response is to try to cloud it with something else that you try to present as a defense of Trump.  Its always whataboutism.  Like literally, the vast majority of Trump fans simply make whataboutism arguments.  Thats why people dont often take seriously when trump defenders post here...its never really anything but nonsense.