A Healthy Jets Roster

Ducky

Lowry was so good last night...and, as mentioned on the broadcast, he was a key cog in their playoff run a couple years ago. That kid is an integral part of the time. 

I've come to learn that 95% of what Ducky posts in the hockey threads is borderline insanity...

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Two wingers that you might describe as mid-six grinder/possession type guys or a big bodied center who wins faceoffs and has offensive upside.  Hmmmm...  Even if all three players were equal, you keep the center.

Also decent on the PK and one of our most physical players.

But yeah, gas the jerk.

I understand Ducky's frustration though.  Watching this team mired in last place, night after night is just the worst.

Oh wait, turns out we're second in the western conference and the team ahead of us, we beat them 4-0 last night.

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Also decent on the PK and one of our most physical players.

But yeah, gas the jerk.

I understand Ducky's frustration though.  Watching this team mired in last place, night after night is just the worst.

Oh wait, turns out we're second in the western conference and the team ahead of us, we beat them 4-0 last night.

One thing the Jets need right now is a major shake up.  ;-)

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

I was shocked when I saw that this morning. But I was even more shocked to see that it put us tenth overall in the NHL. Seems very odd situation.

It is a stronger line up though.

They have lost 7 games and 2 in OT and won 9. 20 points is okay (especially considering the injuries) but that is an average team not a good team. Also, the central division isn't doing as well as prior years with 55 wins out of 114 games and the Jets have played more games than anyone in the league besides Calgary.  I think they will be a pretty good team when healthy though. It'll be interesting to see what a healthy Jets' lineup looks like.

19 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It is a stronger line up though.

They have lost 7 games and 2 in OT and won 9. 20 points is okay (especially considering the injuries) but that is an average team not a good team. Also, the central division isn't doing as well as prior years with 55 wins out of 114 games and the Jets have played more games than anyone in the league besides Calgary.  I think they will be a pretty good team when healthy though. It'll be interesting to see what a healthy Jets' lineup looks like.

I thought you said Copp was better than Lowry.  Lowry is playing very very good right now.  Again, it will be up to the Jets but I strongly suspect if they got to pick which of Lowry, Armia and Dano got selected by Vegas, Lowry would the Jets' last choice.  Dano, Armia, Lowry would be the Jets preferred order of selection by Vegas.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought you said Copp was better than Lowry.  Lowry is playing very very good right now.  Again, it will be up to the Jets but I strongly suspect if they got to pick which of Lowry, Armia and Dano got selected by Vegas, Lowry would the Jets' last choice.  Dano, Armia, Lowry would be the Jets preferred order of selection by Vegas.

I did?

I was comparing those two lineups...who said anything about Copp?

Maurice's injury update...

Bryan Little and Mathieu Perreault both got on the ice this morning.

On Mathieu Perreault: “That’s Mathieu’s first time on the ice in an awfully long time.  Even when he declares himself ready to play he’s got to get back on the ice.”

On Bryan Little: “Bryan’s been skating fairly regularly.  He’s going to get cleared for contact in our next practice which is a huge hurdle.  And then it will be how he feels after contact over a couple of days and getting his skating legs again.  He’s been off the ice for such a long time.”

On both Perreault and Little he indicated “Even when these guys get that 100% green light, it’s not an upper-body injury really, where you can just hop right back in because you’ve been able to keep your legs, you’re going to have to do some skating to get them ready.”

On Tyler Myers:  “Myers is still aways away.”

On both Joel Armia & Shawn Matthias: “Clearly long term still.  We are talking end of December.”

Little coming back has helped both the O and D side of the game and MP looked good on the PP last night. Their games will improve as they get a few games under their belts.

Myers will make a big difference as our present 5th, 6th and 7th D men all pretty much suck. Matthias is a big grinder and Armia was really starting to live up to his billing. We'll be fine once everyone is back and Helle gets more games and Thorbs and Burmi are not seen from again.

It'll be really interesting to see what they do with the extra players once everyone is back from the IR.