A Healthy Jets Roster

Ducky

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think they'd be nuts not to take either Lowry or Perrault should either be available. Both are centred who are defensively responsible and can contribute on offence. 

Yes I think both those players do have a good reference point, a place to come back to when life and emotions and stress push them off balance. But they are also pretty good center icemen ... ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

If

ESL

MP Little Wheeler

Matthias Lowry Armia

are our three lines when everyone is healthy, it would mean that

Copp Tanev Petan Staf Dano Thorbs and Burmi are competing for 3 spots plus 2 in the pressbox.

Does Connor see any time with the Jets this year?

I'd waive Thorbs and Burmi and sit Staf and one other.

" the imminent return of forwards Shawn Matthias, Joel Armia and Nic Petan, who have missed duty because of injuries. All three took part in Monday's full workout, and head coach Paul Maurice said at least one of the trio could play out west before the club breaks for Christmas."

Petan?

The Jets lost 4-3 to the Red Wings in a shootout Dec. 6 and Burmistrov was a minus-two in just four minutes, 57 seconds of ice time. He hasn’t played since.

Edited by Ducky

Well, the time has come. Armia and Matthias have been activated and played a game.

What is management going to do with everyone?

Let's cut to the chase and talk about the players in question.

Petan, Thorbs, Staf, Burmi, Copp and Tanev are fighting for two roster spots and two pressbox seats.

It might very well be Petan has one of them and the rest are fighting for the one roster spot and 2 pressbox spots.

What will they do? Will they send Tanev and Copp down and keep Thorbs and Burmi in the pressbox and Staf on the roster?

What should they do?

I think Petan has one spot and Tanev, Copp and Staf have the other roster spot and 2 pressbox seats. Sayanora to Burmi and Thorbs. I know they won't but this is what should be done.

edit ... Is Dano safe?

Edited by Ducky

Why were they able to activate them anyway?  They carried too many players.  Since there is a roster freeze, no one can be re-assigned.  Are teams allowed to carry more than the maximum allowable during roster freezes?

I was surprised to see Copp scratched.  Its hard.  He is a good player but would be better served on the Moose then scratched every game here.  On the other hand, he's a solid extra player.  I would think Stafford would be one extra forward.  Waive Burmi to the Moose and send either Copp or Tanev down.  But thats tough.  Neither are scoring but both bring something to the table. 

Dano should safe.  Would like to see more offense but he's finding his groove as a solid puck possession player who aggravates the other team.  The last couple of weeks, every game seems to have opposition trying to kill him.  He's like an aggravating water bug out there.  And he's skilled enough to play with skilled players.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Why were they able to activate them anyway?  They carried too many players.  Since there is a roster freeze, no one can be re-assigned.  Are teams allowed to carry more than the maximum allowable during roster freezes?

I was surprised to see Copp scratched.  Its hard.  He is a good player but would be better served on the Moose then scratched every game here.  On the other hand, he's a solid extra player.  I would think Stafford would be one extra forward.  Waive Burmi to the Moose and send either Copp or Tanev down.  But thats tough.  Neither are scoring but both bring something to the table. 

Dano should safe.  Would like to see more offense but he's finding his groove as a solid puck possession player who aggravates the other team.  The last couple of weeks, every game seems to have opposition trying to kill him.  He's like an aggravating water bug out there.  And he's skilled enough to play with skilled players.

Yes. Roster freeze ends Dec 27th so players will have to be waived or sent down then.  

I think Burmi is waived. I think copp is sent down.  Tanev Thor = extra forwards. Stu = extra D. 

Maurice said they would go with 7 D and 14 forwards. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought you couldnt go over the maximum so I figured the Jets would not be able to activate guys off IR until after the Freeze. 

Very impressed with Petan.  PP was dynamic.

Roster freeze means you can. December 27 tho... 2 guys will have to be sent down. 

Our PP was awful until they switched it up with Laine Scheif Ehlers Petan enstrom. Then it looked damn good.  

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Roster freeze means you can. December 27 tho... 2 guys will have to be sent down. 

Our PP was awful until they switched it up with Laine Scheif Ehlers Petan enstrom. Then it looked damn good.  

Not only are they very talented but you could see how it scared the Canucks.  Tanev cheated to block a potential Laine shot which left Ehlers open.  Usually teams play aggresive on the Jets but they were shying away from those players because of their talent.  When you're only option is setting up Buff from the point, it becomes predictable.  When your only option is trying to feed Laine, it becomes predictable.  But try to cheat against Laine, Ehlers, Petan and Scheif.  Probably going to get burned more often than not.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not only are they very talented but you could see how it scared the Canucks.  Tanev cheated to block a potential Laine shot which left Ehlers open.  Usually teams play aggresive on the Jets but they were shying away from those players because of their talent.  When you're only option is setting up Buff from the point, it becomes predictable.  When your only option is trying to feed Laine, it becomes predictable.  But try to cheat against Laine, Ehlers, Petan and Scheif.  Probably going to get burned more often than not.

That's exactly it. That's why it worked. Take away Laine?  Ok you got scheif there also. He's covered. Ehlers.  Even petan has a very good wrist shot. There is more than 1 option on that unit 

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As one of the guests on the TSN1290 said the other day, just copy what the Capitals do. We have an "Ovechkin", so just feed the monster.