A Healthy Jets Roster

Ducky

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The more I think about it the more I think they will send Copp and Tanev down to the Moose and put Burmi and Thorburn in the Press Box. It is the wrong move but it is what I suspect they will do.

Not me, I'd keep Tanev. He's developing right in front of our eyes. I like this kid.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not me, I'd keep Tanev. He's developing right in front of our eyes. I like this kid.

I'm not saying that is what I would do it is what I think management will do. If you dress Tanev, who would you sit?

If Thorbs and Burmi are in the pressbox, what do you do with Staf and Copp if you dress Tanev?

This is what I was saying in another thread...Morriseey only has 5 points. Dano only has 9 points...Copp only has 7 points...I think they are developing but eventually you have to put some points on the board. I am positive that Morrissey's O will come in time but Dano and Copp and Tanev have to put up some points eventually. Even Armia with 4 points in 10 games, he should be a bit better than that, no? I know Maurice likes the MLA line but I would like to see Armia with Little and Wheeler. Army played the left side a bit in TC. MP isn't bad there and p robably better than Danao but we need more O from that spot. I really would have liked to see what Connor would have done there if given 5 or so games. Give Armia a shot. He is responsible enough defensively and shows flashes of amazingly soft hands and great vision. I am pretty sure he was a pretty good goal scorer in Finland.

edit ... these points totals are from before last night's game.

Edited by Ducky

Stanley Cup Champion penguins 4th line:

Cullen: 14 pts. 34 games. 0.4 PPG

Fehr: 5 pts.  29 games.  0.1 PPG

Wilson: 10 pts.  31 games.  0.4 PPG

Jets 4th line:

Copp: 7 pts.  25 games.  0.3 PPG

Tanev: 4 pts.  35 games. 0.1 PPG

Thorbs: 3 pts.  29 games  0.1 ppg

Replacing Thorbs with Matthias, Dano or Armia raises the PPG of the line  

so while there is room for improvement it's not out of the realm of reasonable point production for a 4th line  

17 hours ago, JCon said:

He's like an engine with lots of RPM and no torque.

I love his energy but, at this level, don't you have to produce?

Agree, production is key, but as long as he's getting the chances, eventually it will happen. Risk yes, but that's what this is about.

We were/are patient with Ehlers. Lets be patient with him, it will pay off. And no I'm not saying he's an Ehlers but he's not another James Wright in my opinion as another poster suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Little also, could be maintenance tho. Bottom line, A healthy roster? It doesn't seem like that's ever going to be the case, If you really want to get technical, the Jets have not had a healthy roster all season long, Well, maybe at the start but Trouba wasn't around so really, They haven't had their full roster on the ice 1 game this season yet...

That's actually kind of crazy. 

But, again, it's not really a good excuse... There are fundamental problems with this team and it starts with Coaching. Yeah i know, I've said it before, but i'll keep saying it until Maurice is sent packing.  At this point, It doesn't even have to be Maurice but Flaherty the goalie coach or Huddy the D coach definitely need to go. 

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

What exactly does a goalie coach do?

Coaches the goalies.  Basically that's the best way to explain it. I know it sounds ridiculous but... yup. 

I guess you can say in practice he works with them on positioning... on rebound control.  They have iPads and watch video of the upcoming team focusing on players tendencies and who likes to shoot and where and pretty much.... name it. 

As a former goalie I've been to many sweat camps and goalie camps and all that and outside of the iPad... everything I did there Flaherty does with helle and Hutch. 

They don't need to go far to find a goalie coach... moose have a good one in Rick st Croix 

Washington has a very good goalie coach who came over with trotz from Nashville.  Go check out hotby pre trotz and now. 

Devan Dubnyk is another example. Really praised Sean Burke who is available actually right now but apparently wants to be more than just goalie coach.  The right goalie coach will turn an average goalie in to a very good one... the wrong goalie coach can turn a good goalie in to a not so good one 

Edited by Goalie