GDT: Sunday Is A Day To Pray For Miracles

Noeller

On television, it looked like Creehan wanted to punch one of his players.... He rushed the guy. Not good. Coaches can't be losing it like that on the sidelines.

That was Anderson, who mouthed off Creehan after he took that bullshit 15 yard penalty for "roughing", which was a joke.

Goltz reminded me today of Tom Burgess.  Not great.  But got us enough points to win the game, letting the D just do the main job to win the game.

Yeah #44 Zack Anderson. Creehan was giving him hell & walked away. Then turned & charged him. Camera then cut away. Too bad. Wanted to see what happened.

On television, it looked like Creehan wanted to punch one of his players.... He rushed the guy. Not good. Coaches can't be losing it like that on the sidelines.

That was Anderson, who mouthed off Creehan after he took that bullshit 15 yard penalty for "roughing", which was a joke.

Goltz reminded me today of Tom Burgess.  Not great.  But got us enough points to win the game, letting the D just do the main job to win the game.

Tom Burgess could pass.  Goltz gives you a chance to win because the defense always has to respect his running ability, and he can make plays. 

Officiating let too much go for way too long, and it got out of hand between the whistles in the 2nd half.  Should have put their feet down when McElveen went after Goltz when he scored his first TD.

Tom Burgess could pass. 

Yet whenever I think of Burgess I remember that huge run he made up the middle in the East final against Toronto that set up the winning field goal to get us into the Cup.  No one saw it coming, that Burgess would take off like that, Toronto left the entire middle of the field open, and Burgess did his best John Hufnagel shuffle up the field to win the game.  Quite the awesome moment in Bomber history.

Gonna give Goltz his due because we finally won at home. It wasn't pretty. But Riders looked worse. Darian lost his swagger today. Sheets was... LOL! No question defense won this game... As Mitch is now saying on CJOB.

Yeah Durant was crap-tastic to say the least today.  He reminded me a lot of Kevin Glenn and Burris after they take a few hits in the pocket, panic sets in and they can't hit the side of a barn.  Durant was in major happy-feet mode.  Now at least the rest of the league can see that they are beatable.  You just have to blitz the **** out of them.

I've always said & it's been proven in the past the way to beat Durant is to blitz the **** out of him. His game breaks down, his passes are off the mark  & he panics. Doesn't like to get hit...And hey, wasn't it great for a change to see the Riders with the shoulders slumped & the sad looks on their faces instead of us? Especially Durant, Dressler & that **** Kory Sheets. Sweeeet!

Tom Burgess could pass.

Yet whenever I think of Burgess I remember that huge run he made up the middle in the East final against Toronto that set up the winning field goal to get us into the Cup.  No one saw it coming, that Burgess would take off like that, Toronto left the entire middle of the field open, and Burgess did his best John Hufnagel shuffle up the field to win the game.  Quite the awesome moment in Bomber history.

That play is stamped in my mind too. It's on a 1990 highlite VHS that I've almost worn out

Tom Burgess could pass.

That play is stamped in my mind too. It's on a 1990 highlite VHS that I've almost worn out

Quarterback draw, baby!! That was a called play, I believe.

Was great to see the blitz actually make it to Durant in time to make a difference.  This is also the first time in I can't remember how long where I actually had some faith that not every opponent's pass would be completed while the secondary was standing around enjoying a cigarette.  Durant for a hundred or so yards passing... love everything about that!  I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and hear the boss (Bomber fan) glory in his wife's misery (Riders fan) LOL

If Jacquie is going to give Goltz some love after that passing performance then I'm going to give Elliott some well deserved props. Eliott was a piece of crap throwing the football & Goltz isn't? Goltz can only wish he could  throw like Elliott. All Goltz had going for him today was his legs & like the Unknow Poster said,  a couple of circus catches when he heaved some passes into the stratosphere on a hope & a prayer. Other than that as an actual qb playing pro football throwing the football, Goltz was awful.

If Jacquie is going to give Goltz some love after that passing performance then I'm going to give Elliott some well deserved props. Eliott was a piece of crap throwing the football & Goltz isn't? Goltz can only wish he could  throw like Elliott. All Goltz had going for him today was his legs & like the Unknow Poster said,  a couple of circus catches when he heaved some passes into the stratosphere on a hope & a prayer. Other than that as an actual qb playing pro football throwing the football, Goltz was awful.

I wasn't giving him any love - it was more a comment about no one giving the Riders defense any credit since they didn't exactly play like a sack of potatoes out there.

I wasn't giving him any love - it was more a comment about no one giving the Riders defense any credit since they didn't exactly play like a sack of potatoes out there.

Man, just cliches... C'mon Jacquie. What game were you watching? If Goltz went 24 of 30 for 385 yds & 3 tds I'd be giving him the credit he deserved. He was 2 of 10 for 12 yards passing at the half... He did better in the second half but a couple of those long completions were just luck. He can't read defenses or pick apart anything. All he can do well is run. This is a guy who's been in the CFL for 4 seasons.... Even as a backup he sits thru meetings & should have learned a few things by now looking at video. I'll give the Riders defense credit on some of his incompletions but not the majority of them or the pick... & fumble later in the final minute of the game. He was awful. Yes, we won. But that was our D that won the game.