GDT: Sunday Is A Day To Pray For Miracles

Noeller

If Jacquie is going to give Goltz some love after that passing performance then I'm going to give Elliott some well deserved props. Eliott was a piece of crap throwing the football & Goltz isn't? Goltz can only wish he could  throw like Elliott. All Goltz had going for him today was his legs & like the Unknow Poster said,  a couple of circus catches when he heaved some passes into the stratosphere on a hope & a prayer. Other than that as an actual qb playing pro football throwing the football, Goltz was awful.

I wasn't giving him any love - it was more a comment about no one giving the Riders defense any credit since they didn't exactly play like a sack of potatoes out there.

Man, just cliches... C'mon Jacquie. What game were you watching? If Goltz went 24 of 30 for 385 yds & 3 tds I'd be giving him the credit he deserved. He was 2 of 10 for 12 yards passing at the half... He did better in the second half but a couple of those long completions were just luck. He can't read defenses or pick apart anything. All he can do well is run. This is a guy who's been in the CFL for 4 seasons.... Even as a backup he sits thru meetings & should have learned a few things by now looking at video. I'll give the Riders defense credit on some of his incompletions but not the majority of them or the pick & fumble later in the final minute of the game.

Once again I wasn't praising Goltz. Both defenses played better than the offenses with the Bomber defense playing lights out football. Our offense was terrible in the first half and good enough in the second half to put enough points on the board to win. I do believe if our offense wasn't so crappy it could have been a blow-out for us but that doesn't mean the Riders defense doesn't deserve some credit for making the offense look even crappier than usual. 

Got no love for Goltz eh?

We wanted no Buck so that we could play a QB and give him some time to develop. Seems to me, as a team, we got exactly that.

Our defence was back to outstanding and Goltz did just enough to get us the win.

Ugly? Yes.

Win? Yes.

Playing time? Yes.

And for those who think all Goltz did was throw a heave and a prayer, I can tell you there were at least 3 other QBs who've done that in the last little while. They let their receivers make plays.

And you know what? That's what our receivers did today.

And it it for wasn't for that bitching bad call in the end zone, this game would have over sooner. 

And that would be on Goltz too.

No, Jacquie. Ask any Rider fan how their defense played. You'll get quite a different take from what  you are saying. They were just okay.

And some of those Rider fans will also say their offense and play calling sucked while begrudgingly giving the Bombers D some credit.

No, Jacquie. Ask any Rider fan how their defense played. You'll get quite a different take from what  you are saying. They were just okay.

And some of those Rider fans will also say their offense and play calling sucked while begrudgingly giving the Bombers D some credit.

Go on Riderfans & see what they are saying. Very little credit  to us.

Was Goltz shooting the lights out? No of course not, but the "take away this pass and that play" crowd need to get a life. Tanner Marsh throws a gazillion INT's but is a hero because he tosses up a prayer and it's answered. Our qb runs for two td's (one INT, yeah yeah crappy pass yardage) wins ugly and factions of the Bomber fan base still lay a steaming pile of sh!t at his doorstep. Can we not all just pile on Rider Nation in unison for one damned night LOL

Go on Riderfans & see what they are saying. Very little credit  to us.

That's not what I've been reading at all.