NHL Injury Watch 2016/17 season

iHeart

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Relating to the symptoms?  I've been popped many times.  The last time I foolishly took multiple chair shots to the skull, my symptoms were ferocious.  I was very sick for a few days.

afraid to ask?

I've had a chair broken over my head and was in bed for 10 days...this was 2nd diagnosed concussion.

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Relating to the symptoms?  I've been popped many times.  The last time I foolishly took multiple chair shots to the skull, my symptoms were ferocious.  I was very sick for a few days.

Right.  And you could have another concussion and see almost no symptoms at all.  It is deceptive to say all concussions are equal.

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Was this when Dirty **** was out of control?

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Was this when Dirty **** was out of control?

Hahaha no. A worked match that contained too many non-worked chair shots. Did it to set up the Rocky 2 finish (it was a last man standing match). 

I started feeling sick later that night and by the time I got home my head hurt, I was very nauseous, mind running away, etc. Next day I couldn't be outside without the sunlight hurting my eyes and head. I was exhausted but couldn't sleep. It was probably the worst I've ever felt. 

I'm pretty sure if anyone has trained or been in any mma/kickboxing fights can verify the different levels of short term and long term effects of concussions.     I've seen some dudes who seemed good one day but then were royally f'd up a few days later....  where seeing the sun outside gave them crippling head aches.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Also why buy him out?  If he's long term injured they get cap relief anyway. If they are in the position to buy him out it means he's back and then there's really no reason to. Even if jets don't want him, a healthy Myers would be a big target for most teams. 

So you want to protect him in the expansion draft eventho there's a probably good chance he's done as a nhl player? 

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm hoping Toby will waive his NMC else we lost Myers.

It sounds like Myers is done anyways. He doesn't have a NMC so if need be you expose him... Vegas takes him? Sweet cap relief.  If not... LTIR or buyout are options.  I'm not sure Vegas would take an injured player. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

It sounds like Myers is done anyways. He doesn't have a NMC so if need be you expose him... Vegas takes him? Sweet cap relief.  If not... LTIR or buyout are options.  I'm not sure Vegas would take an injured player. 

Where are you hearing Myers is done? 

Why would you buy him out and take an ongoing cap hit? If he's truly done, as you've said, then LTIR is the best option.