NHL Injury Watch 2016/17 season

iHeart

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Depends on who your D are. If Maatta was gone for season i'd pick up Toby.

And then you're over the cap next year if you're the Pens...

Carolina has a ton of young D that they are shopping...  Anaheim has extra D...

If you can get Enstrom for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick, maybe...

On 2/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, Tony Fresco said:

Is it me or have the Jets been playing much better defensively since Enstrom has been out of the lineup?

Garret Hohl over at Jets Nation was pondering the same thing.  The fancy stats say that it is not the case, but I prefer to rely on the eye test and anecdotal evidence.

http://jetsnation.ca/2017/2/20/by-the-numbers-jets-record-with-enstrom-doesn-t-have-much-to-do-with-enstrom?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

3 minutes ago, Tony Fresco said:

Garret Hohl over at Jets Nation was pondering the same thing.  The fancy stats say that it is not the case, but I prefer to rely on the eye test and anecdotal evidence.

http://jetsnation.ca/2017/2/20/by-the-numbers-jets-record-with-enstrom-doesn-t-have-much-to-do-with-enstrom?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

A very strange argument...  he cites WAR from 2011-2016 - which shows Enstrom's decline from top pairing to mid-pairing

Then, almost as an afterthought, acknowledges that Enstrom's WAR numbers this season are that of a #4-#5 defender...

Enstrom 'was' under-rated and good but this year and last year, he's being put in situations that he can't handle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...