Week 20 (@ Ottaway) Practices ETC

Noeller

15 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

This football game is not one you can play well while coasting. I believe that was last week's problem. Eastern Team, just finished beating BC at BC, feeling pretty good, lets just coast a bit. Boom! Beaten up by an old man with a bad attitude. 

It occurs to me to wonder if the Bombers couldn't get it up for a game at home in front of fans who had started to believe in them and with a home-field advantage (?) at stake, what reason do we have to believe they will turn it on in Ottawa Friday? Or in the playoffs? The best get better when the chips are down, but this edition? Who knows?

39 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ah yes, the age old doomsayer approach to fandom... predict bad things will happen so one can say 'look how right I was all along', but if things turn out nice in the end you get to say 'well of course I wanted them to win all along' super frustrating bro

My only regret is that you can only like a post once, because no truer words have been spoke on this forum.

Edit: 1000 posts.  Yay me!

Edited by WBBFanWest

9 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ah yes, the age old doomsayer approach to fandom... predict bad things will happen so one can say 'look how right I was all along', but if things turn out nice in the end you get to say 'well of course I wanted them to win all along' super frustrating bro

Last Saturday's game is the entirety of the 2016 Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Those 10 wins....definitely accidents.  If the Bombers were any kind of real sportsmen, they'd petition the league to default all of them and disperse those 20 points in the standings to the teams that rightfully should have claimed them.

On 11/1/2016 at 5:27 PM, Mark F said:

The Bombers aren't going to the Grey Cup this year.

The team is just not good enough at this point.

Need some offence over and above field goals to win the Grey Cup.

Being the regular season champion don't mean ****.

2001 Bombers were the regular season champions.  Don't mean ****.

The 2001 Stampeders were just not good enough at that point either.  But then the regular season ended.

In just over a week, 6 teams will compete in a 3 week single elimination tournament to be the champion.  The thing that means something.

And in that tournament, outside of injuries, the events of week 19 in the CFL will have no bearing on the outcome.  ie, it didn't mean ****.

(might be having an IBS day)

11 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I've been saying exactly this for years now....these people are the bane of my existence. Just the absolute worst kind of "fans"...

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been saying exactly this for years now....these people are the bane of my existence. Just the absolute worst kind of "fans"...

When criticism is due, it should be given, otherwise we would still have Kelly or such as our coach and Sleepy Joe or such as our GM. Good criticism identifies problems which in theory can be fixed. Blanket damning solves nothing.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

When criticism is due, it should be given, otherwise we would still have Kelly or such as our coach and Sleepy Joe or such as our GM. Good criticism identifies problems which in theory can be fixed. Blanket damning solves nothing.

If you really think what you post here has any impact on who is coaching or managing a pro sports team you are delusional.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If you really think what you post here has any impact on who is coaching or managing a pro sports team you are delusional.

The purpose of this board (like the internet in general) is so some people can say stuff and other people can get pissed off. Oh and to show pictures of cats. 

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Now you've taken all the fun out of it. I'll be over in the corner crying. My mother never protected me.

8 hours ago, tracker said:

cat.gif