Depth Chart vs. Ottawa

johnzo

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Knox, Knox, Knox, always with the Knox, he must be the "most special" special teamer to ever chase down a punt.  Hurl is an adequate backup along with his 4 Cdn. compadres, LB is covered.  I'd rather see Flanders or Green dress rather than Knox.  Did I mention Green?  Yes....I suppose I always mention Green.

These comments are always worth a chuckle.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Hope we get to see Adams and Gurley on the field on a few packages. I understand the loyalty to a guy like Smith but I think our receiving core is the most dangerous with Adams, Gurley, Denmark, and Dressler on the field at the same time.

Doesn't appear like we'll see Adams and Gurley on the field at the same time this game...our scratches will likely be Gurley and Flanders

Edited by Slingin Sammy

23 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Just love that we're rostering four draft picks from this year.

I agree...and the confidence we're showing in our Nat depth is notable as well...

- last game our back-up DBs were Jones and Sherman...no extra Int DB...

- we're only rotating 6 DLineman, (not dressing an extra Int DLineman)...

- and we're apparently not dressing an Int RB this game..relying on Normand and Tuck...

Our Nat depth has come a long way from the days of Jade Etienne and Rene Stephan

Edited by Slingin Sammy

22 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

-Why dress Mcduffie if Fogg isn't even starting? Fogg's more than capable of returning kicks and punts if he's in a reserve role. I'd rather us play Gurley (or Flanders but they wouldn't use him anyways) than dress THREE DI's for special teams.

Fogg will likely rotate in when we go into a dime package on D - last week D. Jones was our "dime", I'm confident Fogg will be our dime over Jones or Sherman...

MOS hinted at this when he said both Johnson and Fogg will be playing this week

WPG Blue Bombers ‏@Wpg_BlueBombers 4 hours ago

"Both guys are going to get to play." - Coach O'Shea on Fogg & Johnson

Knox has been used on 3 - 4 sets/formations with the D (but sparingly)...

I haven't seen McDuffie used on O since he's been back from injury...but they did have him come in on different packages at the beginning of the year when he was in the DI role. 

I think they will likely all have some snaps with O/D respectively aside from their ST duties...and of course if a starter gets injured during the game...they are all valuable back ups . ..

Edited by Slingin Sammy

1 hour ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Fogg will likely rotate in when we go into a dime package on D - last week D. Jones was our "dime", I'm confident Fogg will be our dime over Jones or Sherman...

MOS hinted at this when he said both Johnson and Fogg will be playing this week

WPG Blue Bombers ‏@Wpg_BlueBombers 4 hours ago

"Both guys are going to get to play." - Coach O'Shea on Fogg & Johnson

Knox has been used on 3 - 4 sets/formations with the D (but sparingly)...

I haven't seen McDuffie used on O since he's been back from injury...but they did have him come in on different packages at the beginning of the year when he was in the DI role. 

I think they will likely all have some snaps with O/D respectively aside from their ST duties...and of course if a starter gets injured during the game...they are all valuable back ups . ..

I know that Fogg will get snaps on D, but not as much as when he's starting.

I just think that having Gurley at receiver in red zone situations would be more valuable than the marginal upgrade Mcduffie provides over Fogg on kick returns.

57 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I know that Fogg will get snaps on D, but not as much as when he's starting.

I just think that having Gurley at receiver in red zone situations would be more valuable than the marginal upgrade Mcduffie provides over Fogg on kick returns.

If Wild is back as a starter this year there will be a domino effect regarding DIs...Burnett will likely stay as our LB DI...Knox out...the remaining  2 DI spots will be interesting...

I would've preferred finding a way to get Gurley on the roster as well...I think they will find a way going forward....one way to get him on the roster would be to start 3 Nats on the OLine...and put Kohlert in a backup role

I wonder if we might consider having Neufeld take over RT again...Nat at RG (Chungh Couture Keeping) and Centre (Goosen)...

Edited by Slingin Sammy

11 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Remember when we used to worry if we had enough good players to fill the roster? Now we have the problem of figuring out which of the good players we will sit. Times are good in the Peg.

yeah definitely different situation then when our NI depth was so bad that the RedBlacks didn't even want to select anyone off of our roster.