World Cup of Hockey

Ducky

Team Canada Lost 4 2 to Team USA 

Canada looked good tho but Quick was pretty much on fire. Think Canada has some work to do.

Buff looked pretty good for the US. Wheeler did not. 

I guess one thing to keep in mind here.... this is probably the first time a lot of these guys have skated at this pace cuz it was quick paced for sure in a long time. Wheeler is also a notoriously slow starter to the season.

Team NA doing some roster juggling 

Eichel and Goudreau with McDavid 

Matthews and can't really recall... maybe Mackinnon with Scheif at center 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

has anyone seen how Laine is doing with Finland?  I see they are playing Sweden this morning in exhibition.

I watched a bit of the first Finland game, Laine impressed me, just seemed to know where to be to get himself in a position in the offensive zone. Kids gonna be a good finisher I think. The instincts seem to be there. 

The only thing I want to comment on right now is the location of the Canada/Russia game tonight... I absolutely can't wrap my head around why they would play a Canada/Russia game in Pittsburgh... other than it being a neutral site, which also doesn't make any sense b/c the whole tournament is being played in Toronto anyways.... literally any other city in Canada would have been a better choice... guarantee MTS centre would be sold out for this game...

Not that his game means much... just seems like a huge money making opportunity missed... any Canadian city would sell 15-20K seats... will Pittsburgh sell 10k for this game?

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

How did Hellebuyck play last night?

He played 1 period.  The 3rd. Came in cold off the bench to start the 3rd. Let in a fluke but kind of soft but more bad luck goal. That's all he's played.  As a former goalie myself.... I always thought that the hardest thing to do was to come in to a game cold in the 3rd. He was ok tho. Not great. Not awful.  Ok. Wasn't given the best opportunity tho in my opinion. Starting a game Is a lot easier than coming in cold. Personally if that was me I'd either want to start the game or not play at all.