Everything posted by bearpants
-
Darvin adams getting healthy, who comes out?
I would suggest Gurley and Adams fill a similar role... so I understand that reasoning.... but I would prefer to see both of them in the line-up...
-
Playoff Bound
I agree with the standings but I think it'll play out differently... BC splits Sask but starts by losing the Moasic farewell... Bombers/RBs split as well but we win this week to secure 2nd place and lose next week while resting some starters in the second half (since Ott will need that win for 1st in the east)... meanwhile Edm wins out and finishes in the cross over spot despite having the best record in the East at 10-8... Final Standings: West 1) Calgary 16-1-1 2) Winnipeg 11-7 3) BC 11-7 East: 1) Ottawa 8-9-1 2) Hamilton 8-10 3) Edmonton 10-8
-
Miller starting contract extension talks with Walters O'Shea
It could apply to a generally ridiculous comment... or an extreme opinion that contradicts facts... yeah, I like that one better...
-
Miller starting contract extension talks with Walters O'Shea
An Aardburg?....
-
Playoff Bound
I'm not sure you needed to justify it to someone who agrees with you... but I also agree... I think BC and Sask will split the last 2 games... I think Edm has a good shot to win out... if they beat BC tomorrow they finish the season against Ham and Tor... Ham might be a fight if they're still in the running for 1st but Tor should be a simple blow out...
-
if sukh chungh cant go
I'm not sure I want to know what kind of parties you attend...
-
Playoff Bound
They don't need to... but you're right in that it would guarantee 2nd place...
- FNF - Ham. @ Ottawa / Tor. @ Calg.
-
Miller starting contract extension talks with Walters O'Shea
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere... but Gary Lawless was speculating on twitter that Walters will get a 5-year deal and then he'll sign O'Shea to 3 or 4 year deal...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I take offense to this statement: " I don’t care if it’s only February; that, people, is an absolute catastrophic disaster. Like, Triple-Bogey-on-a-par-three type disaster. " I mean... triple bogie on a par three is perfectly normal... right??
-
if sukh chungh cant go
haha, thanks... but I was correcting spelling, not grammar
-
if sukh chungh cant go
That is a pet peeve of mine too... it's not that hard, it's spelled exactly as it sounds with a H at the end... CHUNGH...
-
Playoff Bound
Just looked into this a bit... Edm beat BC by 4 in week 14... so an Edm win gives them the tie-break and a BC win by 5 or more gives BC the tie-break... Wpg has the tie break over BC.... and Edm has it over Wpg so if all teams end up 11-7 it would depend on what happens this weekend... but if BC takes the tie-breaker with Edm that really confuses things... I believe the second tie-break is likely divisional record... Bombers are done with a 5-5 record, BC currently at 2-5 and Edm at 5-4... so again, a lot riding on this BC/Edm game with the loser being the most likely candidate for the cross-over... I'm actually looking forward to this game now after doing all this analysis!
-
if sukh chungh cant go
This is a good conversation to have... I am actually more concerned about this year than next... I think next year we probably lose Keeping and Neufeld... but potentially add another first round O-lineman and maybe a FA...plus Couture and McKay (no idea what his potential is) will have another year of experience under their belts.. As for this year... if Chungh can't go in 11 days... I assume Couture gets his first start and hopefully one of Keeping or Neufeld is healthy enough to be the sixth man...
-
Broke The Site Bad
I usually take a 3 or 4 day hiatus after games (win or lose) so I look forward to coming beck to see what I missed... so while this is disappointing I have to agree with most around here... **** happens, we'll survive... I appreciate all the work Rich and the guys do here...
-
Lock of the Week 20
yes, that was the joke
-
Lock of the Week 20
Well, this is awkward...
-
Kohlert gets his ball back.
I believe the team offered the sideline access and tickets and Westerman offered the dinner in the first place... I would have loved to win that...
-
Week Of @ BC Game
Moe no go? = bad news... After that game against BC I'm ready to anoint him as our MOP...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
My first thought was that Sask comes away as winner in this trade... but I didn't realize Gaydosh's injury situation was so bad... apparently he may never play again...
-
Edmonton-Montreal/Calgary-Toronto Turkey day discussion
The biggest concern for Calgary right now will be rust... they have now clinched 1st in the west... combined that with having a week 20 bye... they have 3 consecutive weeks of meaningless football and no games at all from Oct 31-Nov 19...
-
Lions @ Bombers Post Game Discussion
Yeah I agree... I said to anyone who I talked to that our luck was not the review... but rather that they called him down on the play... had they called it a fumble on the field, it likely would've stood after review....
-
3 stars plus HH
Completely agree... but if you're gonna nominate LEGGETT 3 times.... spell his name right!! you're right... and that was the most critical part of the play... Harris rolled left and the entire defense bit thinking he would run... leaving Nichols to run wide open to the right... not really... had Nichols not suffered that gruesome broken leg, he may have established himself as the starter long before Reilly emerged as an option...
-
Jersey Advice (Or: Streaks, Rallies, and Superstitions...)
Well since I was wearing long johns, 4 layers on top, 2 pairs of socks, mitts... it's gonna get sweaty watching road games...
-
Sask v. Ottawa
unfortunately it appears the riders rebuild is going well and according to plan... Montreal officially takes the cake for the biggest gong show right now with Toronto recently emerging as a strong competitor...