Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Castillo, Scott and Jace Davis Released
I figured that Mayo would stay in the lineup until Darvin was back and that's barring any injuries to our other receivers.
-
Lawless says there is trade market for Willy
That article by Dunk was awesome. But one question, if we're having these issues with Nichols, how was the Trevor Harris contract structured? I haven't heard a single thing about Ottawa potentially have these issues, but you would think it would be a bigger deal over there considering that Burris and Harris have higher base salaries than Willy and Nichols respectively.
-
Week 11 lock of the week
Weston Dressler
-
Bombers Release Kris Adams, Add National OL Alex McKay
Adams was easily the worst of our receivers. I'm glad to see him go.
- Hamilton at Calgary - Aug 28
-
Lawless says there is trade market for Willy
Willy had a subpar O-line, but had great receivers. Nichols has a pretty good O-line, but horrific receivers. These things tend to balance themselves out. How would Nichols do if he was ''afforded assets'' like Weston Dressler, Darvin Adams and Ryan Smith?
-
Lawless says there is trade market for Willy
I'm thinking a team like Toronto might be willing to give up more for Willy in the off season. I would personally hold onto him through the season unless we get assets plus a solid back up(Glenn) in whatever deal we make. I've been as disgusted by his play as anyone here, but I'd like to see him play again before we give him away.
-
Bombers @ Alouettes
Richards and JFG have been invisible? Well no kidding they don't see the field..
-
Bombers @ Alouettes
How many teams in the CFL would go 4-0 without their top 3 receivers? How would Edmonton look if Bowman and Walker both got hurt?
-
Rule Change
I would say that the delay of game would be an ideal penalties for challenges that are proven wrong, but not for the ones that aren't overturned because the evidence is inconclusive.
-
Rule Change
It's progress but it's not enough.
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I'm not sure how I feel about the optics of asking a guy to restructure mid season.
-
John Chiles Released
Using the word ''useless''for all of them aside from Adams was a tad harsh I agree, but I'm not sure I'd use the term ''good prospects'' either.
-
John Chiles Released
I did forget about the good game Mayo had against the Ticats, given our dominance it is difficult to remember everything good that happened . Hey, I would like nothing more than for one of these guys to prove themselves as a consistent contributor but it hasn't happened yet. There's no arguing that recruiting receivers has been one of Walters weak spots, and I personally don't believe any of these guys have shown very much to make me believe otherwise yet. That being said, I would love to be proven wrong.
-
John Chiles Released
I'd argue that none of them have shown anything at all really - Mayo had the decent game against Calgary when we got **** kicked. But aside from that? Nothing at all. There's a reason that they all keep coming in and out of the lineup, none of them have really played good enough to deserve a spot. The good news is, once all of our guys are healthy we won't have to play any of them.
-
Bombers @ Alouettes
Teague got demoted? Wow. I'm surprised he's not back on the active roster if he's healthy.
-
John Chiles Released
Sadly it seems like all five of those receivers are just about useless.
-
John Chiles Released
I'd take him over Davis/Mayo/Adams for sure, but definitely not over any of our core guys. I guess it depends on the extent of the injury to Darvin Adams, but if Dress & Smith are back soon I don't see the need.
-
Willy for Durant?
He also had a few outstanding games, and our current starting QB was given to us for peanuts because Franklin was considered to be a superior player.
-
Willy for Durant?
First of all, I didn't compare Franklin to Harris. Second of all, It's the eye test. Franklin has a lot of supporters in the league and for good reason. He's not a similar player, but he's in the exact same situation Mike Reilly was before he came to Edmonton. By the way, Reilly also threw for under 1000 yards passing before signing in Edmonton.
-
Willy for Durant?
Letting Harris leave was a mistake and they have to know that, doing it again and passing up on Franklin for the sole purpose of being stubborn would be fallacy.
-
Nicholls's Potential Bonus
Those guys are going no where. Funny that Hurl was mentioned though, he is on a decent six figure contract...
-
Nicholls's Potential Bonus
I'm not a Willy defender, but he was A LOT better than Nichols last season.
-
Nicholls's Potential Bonus
You think an injury prone backup O-lineman is more valuable than a very good back up QB?
-
Rifles Ritchott Runs for 358 Yards
Those games are mostly attended by family and friends, you may attract a few more people if you drop the price a little bit, but certainitly not 4x the amount they have which you'll need to make it worth it.